West of England section tables 2011

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by ophicliede, Apr 5, 2011.

1. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

The West of England section tables for 2011 posted on Brunel Brass website. Please inform us of any inaccuracies.

2. Paddy Flower

Paddy Flower Active Member

Just a point of order (or two). St. Keverne & Woodfalls Concert. I know they've both withdrawn from 2 straight areas but don't they stay on the gradings table until they've dropped out of a 3rd one.

Also, why would Corsham be relegated from the 3rd Section?

Other than that, you have exactly what i've got :)

3. Blossom

Blossom Member

Why do Brunel Brass feel it necessary to post grading tables for 2011 on their website ?

Why not wait for the Regional Committee to publicise them and then you know they will be correct ?

4. Paddy Flower

I'm going to answer this one. Because we live in a world of instant information and usually grading tables have to be officially ratified at the next general meeting (yada yada yawn...) Brunel have publish 'un-official' tables and fair play to them, why not.

5. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

For what it's worth L&SC post a provisional table shortly after the areas. This is subject to appeals, and therefore changes, although they rarely happen, does not mean that they cannot.

May just be that Brunel are proud of their win, and are sharing on their website to allow casual internet traffic a chance to share in their success.

Wouldn't lose any sleep over it though :cool:

6. Paddy Flower

Spot on L&SC, that's the way to do it :clap:

I'm sure some areas still use a typewriter and then 'photostat' copies out :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  7. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Also worth noting that the final grading table does not take over from the provisional until around December. May be earlier bit I am doing this bit from memory.

8. Paddy Flower

As long as everyone's got their maths right and there are no appeals the only change would be if a band won their final having NOT already been promoted

9. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

My apologies to Corsham they are not relegated. St Keverne and Woodfalls Concert rule n applies. The WEBBA Site also has tables published on them now.

10. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Official tables now on West of England website - www.webba.org.uk - if that helps.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    West
    England
    West of England
    Brunel Brass
    West of England section tables
  12. Paddy Flower

Wow, this year's or last year's? :wink:

Sorry dave, you're not on the regional committee are you?...
    (for he is an example of the 21st century contest official :clap:)