West of England Regional Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Llamedos, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Llamedos

Llamedos Member

Hi!
    Can anybody tell me if we are going to get the W of E regionals back in Bristol??I'm getting fed up of going to Torquay-Bristol to me seemed more of an occasion(except when you were in the Students union):confused:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    England
    Bristol
    E
    Torquay-Bristol
    W of E regionals
  3. hicks

hicks Member

Yes it's in Torquay

4. Lawrencediana

Lawrencediana Member

Its all to do with money and stuff. I have to say that although the changing facilities at the Colston Hall were diabolical it is a great stage to play on and I for one would prefer Bristol, however the powers that be seem to be of the mind that the facilities and services in Torquay are better so we have to put up with that Rivera Centre Stage, which is apparently booked for a further 4 years.

5. Llamedos

Llamedos Member

Oh no-please don't say there is another 4 years of Torquay!!!!

6. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

I'd hate for it to be in bristol just wouldn't have the same feel with it being 20mins away! I don't mind torquay not the best place to play in but there's worser places! Plus the facilities are good!

Only downside is the lack of decent hotels!!!!!!

Chris

7. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

I heard it was Torquay til 2010 because the place is much cheaper than Bristol.

Don`t really care where it is too be honest as long as we qualify for Nationals

8. Have to agree that Bristol is the better stage to play on, and despite being on our doorstep we don't enjoy playing on the stage at the Riviera. Cost and organisation probably does come into it as does the location for the bands. Chris there are plenty of decent hotels in and around the Torbay area - book early to avoid disappointment. See you all in March.

9. Llamedos

Llamedos Member

I suppose when I started banding,it was in Bristol and apart from if you qualified,that and the Pontins qualifier/finals were the highlight of the year and it just seemed really special!Torquay just doesn't have the same feel!!Dire acoustics for one and heaven help you if you have to play in that room where you are on the same level as the audience!Plus it smells of chlorine!!!
    I hate the place!!!Even Weston-super mud would be better than Torquay and I hate that too!!!:)

10. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

Torquay - rubbish accoustic, smallest bar in the world! All in all not a great place for a band contest but probably the bst plae for all the band to get to.

Cant agree more about the "other" room, is terrible. Its like a boxing ring in the middle of a gym.

Also - the Colston Hall is undergoing major refurbishment at the mo on the outside and inside, so thats also something possibly to factor into why it cant/wont be moved back to Bristol? :confused:

11. hicks

hicks Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    England
    Bristol
    E
    Torquay-Bristol
    W of E regionals
  13. Mesmerist

Don`t know for certain but its got to include
    Woodfalls
    Polysteel
    Hyde
    Aldbourne
    Bournemouth
    Poole
    Mt Charles
    Camborne
    St Keverne

14. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

And St Austell! :)

15. Mesmerist

whoops sorry Liz. I think there are 2 more as well?

16. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Yeovil! Can't think of the last one...!

17. Mesmerist

yeovil!! I should have remembered one of my old bands!! sorry got distracted as writing original post. The other band It begins with L ? Got promotion 2006?

18. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Member

19. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Lydbrook maybe?

20. Mesmerist

Thats the one. Thank you. No offence intended to lydbrook at all its just we were all up at 5am and the memory is suffering...

21. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Entries don't close until 19 January 2008 so I doubt there will be an official list until after then.

Igg

22. Mesmerist

are we allowed to predict our possible winners here then?