West of England League Tables

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by mute-ation, Jun 11, 2007.

1. mute-ation

mute-ation New Member

Hi All,

Brunel Brass have put the West of England League Tables on their website for anyone who is interested, they dont seem to be anywhere else on the web and I certainly have not seen them around before for the West of England.

We were considering putting the other regions up too if people would be interested however it would require that the source data be provided for each region, anyone who is interested get in touch and we'll see what we can do.
  2. mute-ation

mute-ation New Member

3. Lisa

Lisa Member

Wow, that's a really smart website :)
  4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Yes, that's a nice site. :clap:

Well done for learning Welsh by the way!! Very impressive! :clap: Just one thing - "Lisa ydw i", not "Lisa dw i" ;)
  5. mute-ation

mute-ation New Member

Thanks for the kind comments, there is a long way to go to get up to the standard that we want but we are geting there slowly.;)
  6. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Looks like an error in the placings and total for Bournemouth on that chart?
  7. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

But good job to someone for finally putting them online! :clap:
  8. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Average points and points carried forward for bands promoted to the First Section from the Second Section and the two bands relegated from the Championship section don't match.

Good to see the tables though, shows what we have to do at next years' area.:tup
  9. mute-ation

mute-ation New Member

Thanks guys, a couple of copy and paste errors introduced whilst I was trying to put these together on a Turkish Airlines flight from Istanbul! Anyone who has flown Turkish will be amazed that the tables made it to the web at all!

Keep the amendments comming I am keen that I get this right and want to learn from my mistakes in years to come!

10. BandTaxi

BandTaxi Active Member

Well - since you specifically asked for corrections .......:wink:

On the First section sheet you've shown Sherborne and Lanner as relegated from 1st (when should be from Championship).

Similarly, on the Second Section sheet, Forest of Dean and Solent Concert should be shown as relegated from 1st rather than from 2nd.

Great idea to do it though well done you!! :clap::clap::clap: I should think that it will undoubtedly get people looking at your band's website once word gets out that they're available on there ........ have you thought about tackling any of the other areas ???
  11. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

What a great attitude, well done mate!! Keep up the good work, will certainly save me a bit of time with pen and paper come March next year!!:clap::clap:
  12. mute-ation

mute-ation New Member

:tup Yes definately, now I have set up the templates its a lot easier, all I need is the official tables with the results and standings and I'll see what I can do! If anyone has them in Excel format - then send them on and I'll get started. Of course you'll need to keep the corrections comming once they're published. :cool: ( And vote when we put in for Website of the month !! )

13. Owen S

Owen S Member

Both London and Southern Counties and Yorkshire regions already have a well-run web presence, including provisional grading tables. You're probably better off just linking to them, rather than taking their data.
    Link here

You might want to consider contacting the West of England committee and asking if your pages can be used as the official site for the area on that link as well.
  14. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Scottish tables have also already been online for a few years now. The link is here. I'd prefer you to link to them rather than lift the data directly.
  15. ersop

ersop New Member

As have the North of England Tables. The link to the website is www.er.band.btinternet.co.uk/nebbc/main.htm

The 2007 tables aren't complete yet as I'm waiting for the results of any appeals to promotion/relegation but i'll update them as soon as I get the go-ahead.