West Of England 2011

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by BassBlaster, Jan 17, 2011.

1. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

Wow, just come back from band, playing Le Carnival Romain. Really enjoyed it, I couldn`t believe how much music is inside the whole piece and anyone who just turns up thinking it`s going to be easy will have a shock.
    Now I have played this many times, but never really played it if you know what I mean.
    As a BBb bass player I have loads of work to do, Stamina, tight playing and dynamic changes, just to start with.
    I am looking foward to the challenge and hope everyone agrees this is a tough piece, the first section is really tight this year and most bands will put in a class performance.
    Looking foward to hearing the other sections, really good pieces, good venue and i`m glad to be back banding, I just want rehearsal every night now....Someone doesn`t have a life!!!.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  2. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

Well i have to agree BassBlasters comments,a real handful to play,the bass section is quite pushed and it is a huge stamina test!!! At the moment im not looking forward to it lol
  3. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

Resurgam will be a real challenge for all of us bands in the second section, with so much style, phrasing and mood changes. A real test for playing with control in beautifully shaped phrases, some which are oh so softly played. A brass musicians nightmare!