West of Eng. Champ section Results

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Naomi McFadyen, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

1. JAG Mount Charles, Dr. Nicholas Childs, 2, 198
    2. Camborne Town, Frank Renton, 7, 197
    3. Yeovil Town, Ian McElligott, 5, 195
    4. SWT Woodfalls, Steve Bastable, 9, 194
    5. St. Austell, David Loukes, 6, 192
    6. Flowers, Philip Harper, 8, 191

Good on ya Mount Charles!!!! :D
    Well done to the qualifiers! See you at London 8)
  2. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

And here's the rest:

7. City of Bristol, Andrew Jones, 4, 190
    8. Test Valley Brass, Ian Holmes, 11, 189
    9. Hyde, Peter Wise, 10, 188
    10. Lydmet Lydney, Steve Sykes, 1, 187
    11. Bodmin Town, John Berryman, 3, 186

Congrats to all the qualifiers.

Courtesy of www.4barsrest.com
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

ah, cheers... 4BR hadnt put the rest up when I got it :)
  4. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Way to go JAG!
    What happened to Flowers?
  5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Really high marks too!!
  6. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

or Bodmin?
  7. Kayleigh

Kayleigh Member

Bodmin Played ok to be honest! but i thought Flowers wouldve had a beter result as they didnt play badly. But its what the man in the box is looking for aint it?
  8. Tpascoe

Tpascoe New Member

Congrats to Mount Charles and to Camborne Town. :D

Best wishes!
  9. Steve

Steve Active Member

Were JAG honestly better than YBS?? They scored higher (by one point) so i guess they must have been!!!! Anyway, congratulations to the qualifiers.
  10. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

YIPPEE! Congratulations to all my pals at Mount Charles. What a great birthday pressie for delboy. :lol:
  11. weuphl

weuphl Member

It's because we 'swapped' a euph mute at Spennymoor you realise. It must be a lucky charm (for both of us of course!!) :lol:
  12. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Hi steve , I dont think you can even compare the results from Yorkshire and West of England..Just a couple of points

1. Different judges , maybe if you had the same person in the box on both area's you would get the same view of the test.
    2. just because you have higher marks in your area does not mean you were better than the winners of another area...I suppose we will have to the finals to find out..
  13. AJSOP

AJSOP Member

Different audjudicator,- different marks. Great performance though. congratulations to them. also to camborne.
  14. Ginge

Ginge Member

We won! Well done Camborne as well!

Sorry to hear Bodmins result, I know they're not at their best but it was still a shock!
  15. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Lots of bands can "play ok" and "not play badly", but to get to the finals it has to be excellent unfortunately. Tough at the top! Was surprised at Flowers being so low down for them, but having read the difficulties they had in the run up then they did quite well!
  16. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

I heard Flowers and yes the Flugal had some problems (not the easiest part even for 4 or 5 weeks rehersal never mind 2 days). I must say that they played better than the 6th place awarded and I heard 5 of the top 6 bands. They were exciting and bright - and hard done by. Okay not 1st or 2nd or 3rd places - but lower than 4th was a wrong result.
  17. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

I know flowers were looking for Bass Players at the Porthcawl competition , and had asked Gav Saynor if he knew anyone , also had a call a week before the Area , I suppose it shows that good players are thin on the ground.
    I suppose we could go onto a thread about what are Championchip section Bands Youth / recruitment policies?
    it's good to see bands like Sellers Youth and Mount Charles doing something.
  18. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

think its great to see both cornish bands qualify

well done adam my dear :D :D its about time you qualified!!

see rebel tuba has remained very quiet-has he admited who he plays for yet?
  19. Steve

Steve Active Member

What would YBS have got in this area then!!!! Really, my post was just a passing comment on the lack of consistency across the country's adjudicators. I remember getting 198/200 in the first section area once which is just silly really!
  20. Ginge

Ginge Member

Cheers Kelly!

I'll see you tomorrow.