West Midlands band required

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by marksmith, Feb 21, 2009.

1. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

I am looking for a position within a West Midlands band.
    Most recently played in a Championship section band but that is not important. (08 area).
    I am flexible re: instrument, having played solo euph, bari, horn and Eb bass at championship level.
    Friendly atmosphere and ease of travel are my main priorities.
    Contact me on 07796398640.
    Thankyou.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    West Midlands
    priorities.
    atmosphere
    ease
  3. RamasII

RamasII Member

Hey Mark..what a shame youre not down Oxford way...we could have revisited old times (Coventry in the room above the pub...)

4. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Indeed, the acoustic delights of the sheets suspended from the ceiling and wondering if your car would be clamped when you left!
    Happy days though!

5. RamasII

RamasII Member

Ha Ha...but not too far to walk for a drink...and always worth a laugh watching a female bass player tring to put a mute in and out!

6. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hi just managed to cath your thread, If you not sorted, Brackley and District, Midlands 1st sec, are looking for a bass player,for the forethcoming areas. We practice Mon (1930-2130) and Fri (1945-2145) in our very own licensed band club, If you free come down and have a blow, you will be made very welcome, if yoy require further details contact me on 07774 653048 or PM me at tMP

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
  7. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Thanks for that Dave? but it would be too far for me to travel.
    All the best.

8. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hi thanks for reply, if you still not settled i will give you our chairmans mobile nos who may be able to persuade you , you may know him , Eric Young, ex euph GUS, he may be able to offer you some travelling expenses, but kindly give him a call and see what happens, we are as you requested a very friendly socialable band , with own bars and club, also full band rehearsals, but we need a bass player !!! Erics number is,07901511432. :clap::tup

9. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

After the dust has settled from this weekend's efforts in Bedworth, surely there is a band looking to strengthen their euph/bari section?
    Still looking, still hoping to keep it in the West midlands, or as near as dammit!

10. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Experienced Euphonium/Baritone player still available to play for band in Midlands area.
    Can't be bothered with 'Weight-watchers', so looking for something else to occupy my evenings, rather than the tele!
    May have a few cobwebs but able to provide a good sound and technique.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
  11. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

I can't believe that I still haven't found a band in 3 months!!!
    Maybe 'West Midlands' was a little optimistic?
    Experienced player requires band in the west Midlands/ Staffordshire/ Leicestershire area.
    Wlling to travel (within reason).
    Offer me a top seat on Euph/ Bari/ Horn or Eb.
    Thanks.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    West Midlands
    priorities.
    atmosphere
    ease
  13. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Hi Mark

We could offer you top bari, top eb & poss euph or horn but maybe we are a bit too far for you?

14. RamasII

RamasII Member

Oxford way still calling Mark...

15. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Thankyou, to both of you but the travelling distances would be just too far.
    I actually live in the Walsall area, nearer to the A5 and A38, than the motorway network.
    Sorry. Thanks for your interest.
    Mark.

16. langley_euph

langley_euph New Member

Hey
    Ammington are after solo euph.
    Have u tried Langley? Or a bass seat at staffordshire band (who rehearse in Walsall!)

17. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Thanks for that. Are you still looking or have you been accommodated?