Wessex Band Summer School

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by hornguy1, Jul 19, 2008.

1. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

Only 8 days to go until the next instalment of the fantastic Wessex Band Summer School. A great course for Wind, Brass and Percussion players of all ages and abilities.
    The course starts on July 28th and runs to August 2nd. The course is based at Oakmead School, Bournemouth.
    So who's going?
    I know there are still vacancies, especially in the middle of the brass band (especially horns).
    If interested have a look on www.wessexband.com for all contact and course details.
    Go on give it a go!!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    www.wessexband.com
    Percussion
    Oakmead School
    Bournemouth
  3. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

Im going! showing myself on BBb bass again! Should b a laugh!!! Will be good to see everybody again to!!

4. Kaskaey

Kaskaey Member

im going. but im taking a rain coat with me this year.

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Shame they don't provide accomodation, I considered going until I found that out. It'd be nice to live where the other banders are, during the course.

6. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

you can camp on the school field with all of the other players though!

7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Camp? Camp?? Not unless they do 5 star tents with proper beds and room service.

8. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Too late for this year, but do you know if there is secure storage space for instruments. It seems like a great week for myself + my 2 step daughters one who plays horn and the other flute.

However to store their instruments + my Bb bass in a tent, unsecured seems a tad risky to me!

9. BandTaxi

BandTaxi Active Member

Do you have a lockable car? My son and daughter used to store them in the boot! Just a thought....

Would recommend it wholeheartedly - my daughter was extremely disappointed when it clashed with NCBB - but they changed the date of the Wessex course for this year and she was looking forward to going along, but when she got the letter through from Phil Biggs they've moved the date for NCBB too!

Ah well - maybe next year.........

10. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I do indeed have a lockable boot, however my BBb bass fills that, also can't fit the parcel shelf in so instruments left on visible display!

Thanks for answering the query.

11. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

i leave my BBb in the school over night... Its all locked up every night etc! + i have a key for my bass case so if needs be i can lock my bass case!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    www.wessexband.com
    Percussion
    Oakmead School
    Bournemouth
  13. Kaskaey

Kaskaey Member

yeah i leave my cornet in the school aswell.

as for tenting... or caravan if you'd prefer. If you go in a hotel you miss out on the socials! - my dads already set for red wine night! the air is good for your skin!! by the end of the week your nose becomes accustomed to the portaloos! and sleeping with the spiders is just the norm!!

14. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

Haha yea! Wonder if Alan will break any tables this year?! haha

15. Kaskaey

Kaskaey Member

he broke a table...? if that was in practise then i completely missed that. i miss a lot of the jokes in wessex so some one has to explain them all after to me. :)