Weril Regium Cornet?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Stolaf, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Stolaf

Stolaf New Member

Any one had experience of the Weril Reguim Cornets?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Weril Regium
    Weril
    Weril Reguim Cornets
    Weril Regium Cornet
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Weril seemto have been promoting themselves in the US recently...

"WERIL MUSICAL Instruments, the Brazilian company whose instruments are sold in over 60 countries, has appointed new sales and marketing managers for the U.S. market. Sergio Rocha has been appointed sales manager for the United States and Juliano Diniz has been appointed marketing manager."

But I can't seem to locate a site for you directly...

4. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I had Weril Regium Trumpet for a while. I thought it was pretty good.

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Weril's website is here.

6. It depends what you are comparing them to, and what the price is. They are one of the best student models out there. They are solidly made, blow reasonably freely and have OK intonation. They also come with a good case. But I would say they are a student cornet. I've bought several for our junior band and have been very pleased with them in terms of both performance and durability. I believe that they are made in Brazil to a design based on the old Sterling range, and imported by Stenator. Unlike cornets from the far east, the savings have been made in labour costs rather than materials.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  7. beccawheeze2

beccawheeze2 Member

They are great for a progressing junior, they are a bit pricey to give to real beginners.
    I play on when I am asked to dep on cornet very occasionally and find it easy to blow, fairly responsive and with a good tone. It is also the cheapest cornet on the market with 1st and 3rd triggers.