Were your band consulted about the BBP registry at Cheltenham?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by boourns, Dec 24, 2012.

?

Were your band consulted about the new BBP registry at Cheltenham?

1. We were asked, and gave some feedback

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. We were asked, but gave no feedback

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. We were not asked

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  1. boourns

boourns Member

Following on from Kapitol's latest missive on 4BR, which reinforces the line that the new registry was created on the back of feedback from bands at the lower section finals, I think it is worth trying to determine exactly what constitutes "positive soundings from all the bands that participated in the recent National Finals". I have no wish to pre-judge this, and will be genuinely interested to see the results.

So, if your band played at this year's finals in Cheltenham, please select one of the options from the poll. Note that I am not asking for what your band said, as that may not be for public consumption. I just want to know whether you were asked, and if you gave an answer.

Please do your best to restrict it to one vote per band. The poll is public and everyone can see who has voted and how, so if you wish to retain your privacy then please get a non-anonymous member to vote. Also, please post briefly in here to say which band you have voted on behalf of, so we can keep track. I've posted a list of every band at the finals below, and if a kindly mod has nothing better to do then maybe they could update this list occasionally to indicate who has already voted please :)

Again, I am not trying to achieve anything in particular with this, I just think enough people will be interested to see how it turns out.

The list of competing bands is a follows...

2. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

We already know that most bands are playing this close to their chest. (for understandable reasons... People have received some pretty nasty personal attacks if they reveal what their intentions are). Most bands will just get on with things and not admit whether they're for or against.

add to this that in general it isn't even viewed as a for or against issue anyway. just get on with what you need to do to continue contesting at the national set of contests.

So all this new thread will achieve is yet another level of confusion. But you obviously know this anyway, anything to confuse and worry people. That's the company line isn't it?

i would suggest to the mods that, unless I'm quickly proved wrong (ie there's a sudden influx of band reps posting exactly what was discussed - and not just a repeat of the same couple of faces) this thread should be considered for closure as just another duplicate of the same story, to avoid yet more confusion.

3. boourns

boourns Member

I even bolded the relevant bit for you in the OP. I am not asking for how bands answered, I just want to know if they were asked.

By the way, I am not expecting a "sudden influx of band reps" - it is Christmas Eve after all. I just think it will be interesting to see how the poll develops over the next week or two.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  4. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think we'll decide how to run the site thank you very much. To that end we will not be locking this thread - but given that there are already three different threads running on this subject (plus one locked) we do ask that this thread is kept strictly to answering the poll question directly and nothing else, any discussion is to be kept in the other threads.

Lets see how it goes, if it gets out of hand or our request is ignored we will lock this thread.

5. boourns

boourns Member

Thanks for that. I'm aware there are several related threads already, and if there was a way to create a poll without a new thread then I would have added it to one of those.

It may drop like a stone if nobody is prepared to answer even this simple question, but let's hope not. And although I haven't asked for it, if any band who did give feedback to Kapitol is happy to make what they said public, would that be acceptable in here?

6. WoodenFlugel

Yup, thats fine, but as I said no 'outside' discussion.

7. Damocles

Damocles Member

Who cares?

8. boourns

boourns Member

And a merry Christmas to you too! :)

By the way, there are a few votes on the poll now but no indication of which bands have been represented so far. If this thread is to have any point at all then we need to be able to measure what proportion of finalists gave some kind of feedback. So if you vote, please also mention who you are voting on behalf of.

9. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Perhaps only the Welsh and Scottish bands were asked for an opinion?

10. LynneW

LynneW Member

I have voted on behalf of Bletchington Band. As I'm Secretary and Contest Secretary I wasn't asked and I'm 99% sure our MD wasn't asked either.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Cheltenham
    BBP
    Peterg
    BBP registry
    people
  12. cornetcheese

cornetcheese Member

Please ignore one of the votes - I had an inadvertent click and think I voted in error...

Clearly browsing around isn't as sensible after copious amounts of alcohol.

13. WoodenFlugel

Sorted. Merry Christmas! [​IMG]

14. pedaller

pedaller Member

I have voted on behalf of Darwen Brass.

15. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Emley Brass - no questions came our direction either. I thought it strange on the press realise that Mr Morris would use should a wide sweeping term as "ALL" bands said - as there was not way he could back that up! :( He needs lessons in PR.

16. Posh

Posh Member

I've voted on behalf of Haslingden & Helmshore Band. At no point over the finals weekend was our band consulted over this, which our Contest Secretary pointed out to Mr Morris at the meeting in Barnsley. I don't think he replied to her, but we now have another press release on 4 bars rest stating that ALL bands WERE consulted. :confused:

17. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

The definition of the words "consulted" and "all" appears to be a problem! Strange that.....

18. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Hi Ian, There's still a discrepancy between the voters and the count. (Two voters listed, one vote counted.) Is this something that can be changed? I wouldn't want to start a conspiracy theory! ;-)

19. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

From Asterix the Gaul....

"All Gaul is occupied.Except for one tiny village in the NorthWest corner."

Except the variance in this case appears to be about two thirds of the country...

20. WoodenFlugel

Dammit! I thought I could do this, but it looks like I can't - even the administrator dashboard doesn't allow me to delete voters from polls. I've manually changed the vote count so it's correct but it looks like the poll is now a private poll and not public - and there is no option to change it back again.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be anything else I can do. I can strip the poll out completely and start again but that means everyone will have to re-vote, or we can continue with the private poll. Up to you really.

21. $hytalk

$hytalk Member

I have voted on behalf of Parr - we definately were not consulted about anything.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Cheltenham
    BBP
    Peterg
    BBP registry
    people