Were you aware...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chris Sanders, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

2. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Yea theres that wonderful song

"patrick moore plays the xylophone
    patrick moore plays the xylophone...... etc etc"
  3. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Did you really not know or am I missing something?!!!
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

He's also a bit of a composer, with several pieces having been recorded, I believe some by Ever Ready as well as a military band.
  5. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Yeah, I saw him play the xylophone on the big breakfast once, not quite the Albert Hal, but he did it well
  6. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Yeah he's a very good Xylophonist for a fat guy doing a bad winston churchill impression.
  7. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yes he's a very talented man.... Saw him play xylophone many years ago on Record Breakers or some sort of kids programme....

that link can get a bit annoying after 20 seconds or so.............. *closes down*
  8. timbloke

timbloke Member

yes my dad has a tape of the every ready band playing the music of Patrick Moore. I went to see him once, but he didn't play anything.
  9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

ive got that tune in my head now :frown:
  10. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

have u learnt to play the tenor horn yet or is that still ur life ambition :D;)
  11. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Am gonna write this as a bass Trom Solo for Fridge to play in the middle of Beauty and the Beast... Thatd be quality...

TIMBONE Active Member

Patrick Moore, like a lot of scientific people, is an excellent musician. He is an excellent xylophonist, and has also written some very listenable music, including an opera I believe.
  13. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Have I missed something? Is he not a salvationist, then? ;)
  14. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Sir Patrick Moore is a very talented individual, I have heard his playing, although I didnt know that he also composed works. He is also has presented The Sky at Night since without missing a programme sine the beginning in 1957 (48 years! marvelous!)