Wem Youth Band Wow Crowds!

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by super_sop, Mar 19, 2006.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

This evening Wem Youth Band took part in an evening of music held in St Chads Church Shrewsbury.

The evening was a fund raiser for Relateen, the youth side to Relate the counseling people. The evening featured choirs, wind groups, jazz groups and a rock group from schools all around Shropshire. The Youth Band were the only group not linked to a school, and totally stole the evening. Biased you may think, but that was a comment from the audience after we had played. Another comment that we should have more than the allowed 10 minutes next year was even more greatly recieved.

To say I was proud is an understatement. Yes, we made a few mistakes but what was even better, we recovered extremely well from them.
    Our programme consisted of Jubilee Fanfare, The British Grenadiers, Frere Jacques, Make Me A Channel Of Your Peace and finished with a piece that had the audience clapping along throughout, Lets Rock and Roll.

We had 25 young musicians out tonight and another 7 who were unable to make it. This time last year we had 12!!

I believe it safe to say that with our Youth Band going from strength to strength the future of the Wem Jubilee Band is looking extremely strong.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

A very Happy Craig (conductor Wem Jubilee Youth Band)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wem Youth Band
    Wem Youth Band Wow Crowds
    Shrewsbury
    St Chads Church
    Make Me A Channel Of Your Peace
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Aww, well done Craigy, you must be chuffed to bits. :clap::biggrin:

4. Steve

Steve Active Member

Glad the band is still thriving Craig, has the conductor got any better yet? ;) I take it Im no longer needed in Wem Youth bands ranks then.

Congratulations to you all.

5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

lol no the conductor hasnt got any better!!!
    and dude, we are always in need of a principle 3rd Eb bass!!!!:tongue:

you wouldnt believe how happy i am Ma. it was a very special evening.

6. cornetblower

cornetblower Member

Well done Craig. Hope to see the band go from strength to strength

Heather