Welwyn Garden City Band - vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by SteveT, Oct 13, 2006.

1. SteveT

SteveT Member

PLEASE SEE LATEST UPDATE FOR CURRENT VACANCIES.

WGCB are recruiting in a few select seats. I have recently taken over as MD and made a few changes. Some players have swopped seats and there is a real buzz in the bandroom. Some old class players who had wandered away have returned and the band is preparing for a major attack at the Southern Area championships in march. The committee are putting together short - medium and long term plans for the ongoing establishment and good standing of the band.

The band has connections with Rod Franks and have a concert featuring him and James Watson in the Regent Hall soon. The band is also working up Paganini Variations for November and other prestigious events.

We currently require commitied Tuba players Solo Cornet and Percussion players. We have an open and frank people policy and would welcome players who have championship section experience and can add to our mix of talent. I am personally particularly interested in a couple of Northern lads on tuba, who have eaten loads of pies and have the sound like the titanics fog horn.... !! Colin and Gary are developing nicely, but they need help!

Please contact the band chairman Chris Kirk on 07958 019856 or me on 07970 458079.

Onwards and upwards!

2. Tuba_colin

Tuba_colin New Member

Thanks for that steve can you tell me what pies to eat.

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Great group of people - don't miss out guys!! :)

4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I agree with HBB...a great chore of people.

I heard one of there recent concerts under the Sly Old Fox ad some good stuff going on!!

I haven't eaten many pies, but have gained about a stone since moving back to the States...so hopefully that would qualify me to help in a pinch ;-)

Seriously though...Rod is ace!!

When is the Regent Hall Concert, as I would like to come listen if my schedule permits.

5. Tuba_colin

Tuba_colin New Member

Hi pat
    The concert is on the 1st december cant confirm time yet as i, not 100%sure but will contact you as soon as i know!

6. SteveT

SteveT Member

Meat pies from the Pie Mines of Wigan are the best! These are found at the JJB band contest ecery year too. Where at half time there is a pie eating contest. If memory serves me right, I think Pemberton Bass section may have won the last contest!

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

LMAO - don't think you meant that! :rolleyes: :tongue: :clap:

8. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Exactly!..but the magic will not work unless you have a good helping of mushy peas and gravy also. hmmmmmm :)

9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ok folks - seeing as this is a recruitment thread, can we leave the discussions about pies and the like either Random, or maybe here.

Ta!

10. SteveT

SteveT Member

Update!

Cornet aquired.... we may shift things around a bit! This could involve a horn player or two and me shifting a horn to tuba (his idea). So any takers?

Simon.... indeed mushy peas essential!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Welwyn Garden City
    CENTER
    Rod Franks
    Percussion players
    commitied Tuba players
  12. SteveT

SteveT Member

Big lads required!

Welwyn Garden City Band
    (L&SE Champ Sec)

Stephen Says!!!!!

Beef eating, pie noshing, beer swilling, monster Tuba players required. Big sound compulsory, energy and commitment to produce the biggest, bestest bottom sounds in the world!

Ring Chris Kirk on 07958019856!!!! NOW!

13. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

My wife thinks I already do this - unfortunately I don't play bass ;)

14. SteveT

SteveT Member

Fair play!

sforzando I presume!?

15. Chris Kirk

Chris Kirk Member

Welwyn Garden City Hertfordshire

Welwyn Garden City currently have vacancies for a Euph, Basses and back row cornets. If you are looking to change band or have recently moved into the area, (it's not far from North London), send me a PM with your contact details.

Chris

16. Chris Kirk

Chris Kirk Member

Welwyn Garden City Baritone

Welwyn Garden City has an immediate vacancy for 2nd Baritone. Contact me at cjk1960@tiscali.co.uk for further detials

17. Heather

Heather Member

If only I lived nearer..but Crewe is a bit too far away I think!!!

Does Carol still play for you on Horn (sorry, forgot her surname..it was Spragg before she married).
    If she does, please say 'Hi'. I played at Eagley Band with her many years ago. Cheers!

18. Chris Kirk

Chris Kirk Member

Welwyn Garden City 1st or 2nd Horn

The last vacancy to complete the band is a horn player to play either 1st or
    2nd. Rehearsals for the area will starting soon and we very serious about making an impact this year. We have a new dynamic MD and the band responding well.

Great bunch of people, transport can be provided from most parts of Hertfordshire and the Barnet/Enfield areas of London.

Interested parties please pm me or go to www.wgcband.com for further contact details.

Chris

19. Chris Kirk

Chris Kirk Member

Solo Trombone

Welwyn Garden City Championship Section L&SC require a Solo Trombone Player to complete an otherwise full band. We have plenty of work for the summer and require a person who has commitment and drive to help improve the band overall.

Enquries to Chris Kirk cjk1960@tiscali.co.uk or our MD Steve Tighe at StephenTighe@aol.com

20. Chris Kirk

Chris Kirk Member

Welwyn Garden City

Welwyn Garden City LSC Championship Section have vacancies for

Trombone and Tutti cornet

PM me for more detail or go to www.wgcband.com

Chris

Edit: threads merged as per Recruitment Guidelines, PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2007
  21. Chris Kirk

Chris Kirk Member

1st Trombone

Welwyn Garden City Championship Section L&SC have a vacancy for a 1st Trombone player.

Welwyn is about 30 mins by train from central London. Just off the A1(M). Transport is also available from NW London or other parts of Hertfordshire.

Loads of summer jobs, including Royal Parks.

For further information contact me at cjk1960@tiscali.co.uk or PM me.

Chris

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Welwyn Garden City
    CENTER
    Rod Franks
    Percussion players
    commitied Tuba players