Welsh Open - No Coverage?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by BikeBadger, Feb 16, 2014.

1. BikeBadger

BikeBadger Member

I switched on my laptop yesterday looking forward to following the Welsh Open live on 4BR as has been my custom over the past couple of years. Imagine my disappointment when I find there is no live streaming. Now imagine my disappointment when I find there are not even live comments. Now imagine my disappointment on waking this morning to find there are not even a set of results published! It's as if the Open didn't take place.Why has 4BR dropped the event? Surely it can't simply be due to Tredegar's failure to support the competition?
  2. richwilliams23

richwilliams23 New Member

Me too. Very disappointing coverage. Tongwynlais won, tylorstown 2nd, City of Cardiff 3rd, llwydcoed, parc and dare, Abergavenny, pontradulais and BTM

best soloist, Euph from ton
    best cornet from city of cardiff
    youngest player from parc
    bursary award to young lad from Tongwynlais.
  3. BikeBadger

BikeBadger Member

Thanks for that. It's too early to get on the phone so I had no idea of the results.
  4. FlyingCrow

FlyingCrow New Member

I had no idea that the Welsh Open had ever been streamed live by 4br????

The unibrass contest normally falls on the same day + that has been live streamed by the organisers for the past couple of years. (Individual band performances have recently been uploaded to YouTube if you still fancy watching an entertainment contest online)

Are you sure you're not confusing the Welsh Open with the summer Eisteddfod on S4C?
  5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Thread bookmarked to link to whenever somebody complains that 4BR has a Welsh bias
  6. BikeBadger

BikeBadger Member

Ydw. Perffaith siwr os gwelwch yn dda.
  7. BikeBadger

BikeBadger Member

(Diolch yn fawr)
  8. FlyingCrow

FlyingCrow New Member

Welsh bias in a field of only Welsh bands? Surely (if anything) this thread is the opposite.
  9. richwilliams23

richwilliams23 New Member

2012 4br covered with this opener

and this live feed comments

2013, the same but I can't fine it