Well they didn't prepare me for that at college.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Mar 30, 2007.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Had an interesting experience at school today, A child walked into my classroom having broken the zipper off his coat, i tried everything to undo the zip but it just wouldn't budge,he was well and truely stuck in his coat! In the end we had to cut him out of it!

Just one of those moments which made think- there is absolutely no way anyone can prepare you for such situations! Anyone have any similiar situations sprung on them at work or home?!

2. Texus

Texus Member

Good job it wasn't his trousers!

3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Don't be surprised if the parents sue you or the school for replacement of the coat!

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Especially with a part of his anatomy trapped too! :D

5. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Aaaaah bless! Don't you just love children? :tongue:

I've had children stuck in coats before.... but never had to cut a child free before! :tongue:

Not quite the same, but I had an funny incident with a pair of socks once.... I was in a Year 1 class and they'd all just got changed from PE.... and this little girl came up to me, almost in tears and says 'someones got my socks on, and its not me!' so we had everyone show there socks to see if we could find the sock theif.... no joy.... so then we conducted a full scale search of the classroom and the school hall (where we'd had PE) and the socks turned up in her plimpsolls (daps/pumps whatever you call them!) but she was absolutely adament that they weren't her socks and wouldn't put them on! It took at least 20 minutes to convince her that they must be hers because there weren't any other socks anywhere! We even checked with her mum at the end of the day to make sure they were hers!

6. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

I was with a reception class when they were getting ready for PE and one little boy (who's English isn't very good) kept saying no socks to me. So my reply was, yes no socks take them off and he just kept looking at me and pointing to his feet. I eventually went to help him take them off and realised he was wearing tights! Why would you put your little boy in tights?!

7. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Oh don't even get me started on that one! Some of the stories i've heard make me boil!

Generally speaking tho i would say that the american schools i have come into contact with have a lot less "policys" than english schools. I haven't decided if thats a good thing or not yet tho~!

As for the little boy in tights- Hee hee! Last time i was in a reception class i had one little boy who kept taking the puprle feather boa and pink hat from the dress up box. Very funny at the time! :)