Well meaning gifts....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

My boss was very kind to me today.

He thanked me for all my hard work since he's been in post, and gave me a present.

Now, I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned it before, and perhaps even coming to the pub with me and the rest of the work gang the previous week and buying a round didn't register a very important fact with him.

Today, he gave me a bottle of 10 year old single malt whiskey.

Trouble is, I'm teetotal!

Will (the :guiness by new year's eve?)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    gifts
    work
    whiskey
    boss
    work gang
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

My dad has done quite well over the years from various bottles I've received at Christmas ;)

4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Any bottles you don't want will be quickly disposed of if you send them to me. I'm especially fond of the single malts and sippin' whiskey.

BTW Irish whiskey and american whiskey, but scotch whisky. There is a difference. :)

5. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

As Will is the middle of seven siblings I think he has found a suitable Christmas present for his elder brother (not me), as long as it begins with a G LOL

6. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Stan and I were delighted to recieve presents from one of the junior members of our band on Monday night. I got a nice tin of biscuits and Stan was delighted with his can of John Smiths till he looked closer and found it was bubble bath.

7. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

i bought my teacher two wedgewood champagne flutes....but didn't care to think if she actuallly drank champagne :S

8. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

I love those "unwanted" presents - it gives me something to give to somebody else!

I am sure there are some presents that have been going round one circle of friends for a couple of years now - I'm sure I've had it as both a birthday and Christmas present:D - I know I've certainly given it as a Christmas present!

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... and they can always be donated to the tMP tMM 'enjoy Christmas' fund too...;)

10. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Practically everyone in my form got our teacher chocolate cos hes obsessed with food.