Well Done The Toonarmy!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by geordiecolin, Apr 17, 2005.

1. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

A big shout out to the Toonarmy, who today in Cardiff did the absent masses proud. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: The cockney mancs were comprehensively outsung all game as the toonarmy showed them and the players, that whatever happens on the pitch, WE will always be united. Disappointed that the manure fans could only manage a "Ruud Ruud" or a "Rooooooney" every down and then, in between choruses of "Cheer Up Alan Shearer" *yawn*.

As for the game, the Newcastle players don't deserve the supporters and I hope after that showing that they appreciate that fact. Many apologies to the man who lives in our cellar, after Shola scored, I nearly went through the floor!!

A begrudging well done to manure, we were totally out played, although I would like to say that my opinion of Ronaldo being a horrible little Chav is now truly vindicated. He IS a horrible little Chav.

Here's to a big punch up in the final and the hope that Ronaldo gets flattened. :biggrin:
  2. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Be fair to those manc fans that couldn't get there - the London Marathon has made travel from the city impossible so most of them had to stay at home !!!!!
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Looking forward to an invasion of Geordies at Carrow Road on Wednesday night!
  4. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Spoken like a true geordie (which you're not ;) )

Keano for Pope!

Ruud for next leader of the Liberal party.

Going to make Arsenal drop to their knees and beg for mercy.
  5. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

yawn. I really wish I had a quid for everytime I saw a post with a reference to plastic Mancs. I'd never have to work again.

Suffice to say, I'm looking forward to the Cup Final. That'll be another year without a trophy on Tyneside then!

6. geordiecolin

It's OK, you get used to it after a while......
  7. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Was watching the game on tv (would love to have gone nad if anyone would like to buy me tickets in the future that would be great) and near the beginning the Newcastle fans were singing some song (could'nt hear the words) about Shearer to the tune of 'you are my sunshine', it was great to hear the United fans reply with the "correct" lyrics - 'Yyou are my Solskjaer...". How many players can be out for the best part of 2 seasons and still be a favourite with the fans?
  8. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

To be honest i'm not shocked that the toon lost yesterday, they played like a bunch of donkey's, once again totally bottling it in a major game.

It is a shame though as the fans are totally loyal (i'm not a toon fan myself but most of my mates are)but they just seemed to get done over everytime they think the club is on the up. I think fat freddie needs to put his hand in his pocket and they need to buy some quality players...then maybe they can give the fans something to shout about
  9. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Yeah sure, 'cause coughing up more cash has really brim-filled Newcastle's trophy cabinet in the past.
    If I'm not mistaken, Newcastle are the highest spending club to see no silverware in return.
    The only thing Fred Slim needs to pay out for is 11 prosthetic spines and 15km of guts.
    Even 'BORO have had something to polish!!
    That must really sting.
  10. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Yep, and doesn't that just show what the fans think of the rest of the players.

Mind you with Cheats like Ronaldo..........any defender worth their salt can just stand there and say '' a few skip overs....yes by all means and then i 'll tackle you''
  11. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

set up 2 and scored 1 on sunday - not bad for 'no end product' as so many ABUs keep saying ! :)
  12. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Celestine Babayaro 50 fit........enough said!!!
  13. geordiecolin

50% fit? That much?? Looked more like a severe case of CBA, see also Kluivert and Robert for other examples....

Throwing money at the squad won't sort out our problems, getting rid of all the overpaid, overrated **** players who don't want to be there is the answer.

As for Ronaldo, one of these days someone is gonna snap him. He won't be so cocky then. Personally I'll nominate Portsmouth's very own "Fred West" - Andy Griffin. He doesn't mess around in the challenge, as the man himself said whilst still at the toon - "That's the way I am and I always will be. After all, I kick Laurent Robert in training - and he's one of our players!" I personally thought Ronaldo was lucky to stay on the pitch as long as he did on Sunday....

And I totally agree with what Alex wrote :D
  14. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

The mighty toon army are obviously either skint or disillusioned or understandably both as they have only sold 1400 or their 2400 allocation of tickets for the game at Norwich on Wednesday night.
  15. geordiecolin

Probably disillusioned, after trips to Cardiff and Lisbon in the last week for very little gain, I doubt many will be relishing the long trip to Norwich.... Especially when the players don't seem to care either at the mo.
  16. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Mind you with all your injuries, suspensions etc, it gives those who play a chance they are interested and care about the club.
  17. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Are the toonarmy still here......................? Can't hear you!
  18. geordiecolin

We're here, just rocking backwards and forwards, crying silently into our Broon Ales......
  19. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I have never known Newcastle supporters to be so quiet, they appear to be broken men!
  20. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Toon got beat off Norwich

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2005