Well done our Roger

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by Moy, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Moy

Moy Active Member

At the recent Black Dyke Concert at Uppermill Rob Richardson, the bands principal baritone premiered a new work written by Roger Thorne entitled 'Concertino for Baritone'. Following two new works being commissioned by Carole Crompton this is the latest work for the instrument in recent months.

The following is taken from a review of the concert by Malcolm Wood, who was at the concert for us at 4BR.

"The most intriguing piece of the whole night was a World Premiere by baritone player, Robert Richardson. Solos for baritone are extremely rare, but ‘Concertino’ was commissioned from the pen of Roger Thorne for Robert. Lasting around nine minutes, it is in two movements (although continuos). The first nice and lyrical, delightful on the ear, whilst the second part is up-tempo and fast. Without question, Robert displayed what a great player he is, with fine full blooded tone and congratulations should be given to Roger Thorne for the composition."

Since the premiere the music is now published and can be obtained from direct from Thornes Music.

I have copied this from 4barsrest....hope thats legal.

If not one of our moderators can remove it.
    Well done Roger.
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Not really a problem Moy, I don't think the guys would mind too much as you do give them the credit... but always nice to include the link as well... which I have done for you. :D

And can I also say well done Roger..... bravo sir, bravo!
  3. Moy

Moy Active Member

Thanks...didn't want to get me or tMP into trouble.
  4. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Now you've done it moy. Having already enlarged the bandroom doors once to take the timps, poor old Wem band are going to have to do it again. :p

Seriously, well done Rog, hope to hear it myself soon. Will Dave be playing it at your concert?