well done Greg!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by neiltwist, Jun 24, 2004.

1. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

after all the troubles he's had recently, I'd like to congratulate greg rudetsky on getting through to the next round! literally as the rain starts to pour.

Well done Greg!

play suspended now! unlucky bbc, again.

At least we know what the papers will say tomorrow! (about the tennis at least)
  2. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

Rooney! Rooney! Rooney! Rooney! Rooney!

Greg?? wot does he play??

Hopefully a Brit will win wimbledon this year! :roll:
  3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Well done Greg indeed. Pleased for him. As for the papers, well if it's the Daily Xenophobe (ahem.. I mean 'Mail') they'll probably ignore it claiming he's Canadian. (If you don't believe how xenophobic they can be, just look for articles by a certain Jeff Powell on the appointment of Sven Goran Eriksson as England manager......)

Anyway, good on Greg! I'm just pleased they're playing at all! ;-)
  4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yea, good on him!
    Watched the match and was very entertaining! and extremly well timed as well! play only suspended about half hour or so, so not too bad...

Hewett versus Vabadze on centre court just now... nice to see some live games! :lol:

117 games behind they were and still on 1st round matches... something tells me they'll be lucky to be done with Wimbledon by the end of next week

GO ON TIM! :lol:
  5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Well done... the only current British tennis player to have played in the final of a Grand Slam event...
  6. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

What'd I do? :D
  7. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I thought rudetsky got through to a final of the french open once didn't he?
  8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

US Open, I believe, in 1997.
  9. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I knew there was a reason it was raining so heavily just now... Wimbledon!!!
  10. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Well done Greg! He really needed that to boost his confidence (and his ranking)! :D
  11. Dave1

Dave1 Member

There's a young lady playing from Scotland today, although her name doesn't begin with Mac ??
    Let's cherer her on as well :D
  12. Dave1

Dave1 Member

Why don't we CHEER her on as well !!!!!! :shock:
  13. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

well, it wasn't cheering on, just congratulating!

who's this young scot then? The Best of luck to her though!
  14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Watching Greg at the moment. He's so much more exciting to watch play than Tim....a little more feisty!
  15. Dave1

Dave1 Member

Elena Baltacha I believe is Scottish and is playing NOW. !!!!!