Well Done Glossop Old.............

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Shaggy, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

....I was lying in bed very late on Saturday as we all do, after a long nights voyage on the good ship Kronenburg when I noticed I had missed a call on my mobile. I played the message left by John Davis who had that same desparate forlorn tone to his voice which we all get after a few nights of thankless, futile trawling for deps.

The job was for the Saturday night, which I had earmarked for a kidney transplant followed by a period of convalesence in front of the telly watching comedy out- takes from "Songs of Praise". However I decided to take pity on poor old Glossop old, and I phoned back a rather startled John Davis who had some difficulty absorbing the simple message I had to impart to him "yes mate can do, what time is kick off?"

I know how he felt though, by three oclock on the day of the gig you have abandonned all hope of rescue! So I turned up at Glossop band room and I am pleased to report that I was very well looked after by everyone.

All the essentials were delivered, A warm welcome, plenty of help with my gear, all the music sorted out and in correct order, drinks were offered, payment was offered, and my help was warmly acknowledged publically, by the band, to the appreciative audience.

You can not ask for more when depping for a band.

Well done Glossop, full marks!
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Glad it was a good gig, and even better to have it acknowledged in such a way :)
  3. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Having said that, I think we could all have done without the "Tribute" band who were the other turn. I think it was a tribute to badly played electric guitars with crappy backing tapes.

In that sense i suppose it was a roaring success!