Well done Dan and Staines!!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Trigger, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Trigger

Trigger Member

Well done to my big sister Dan on winning her first L&SC contest with Staines!! And well done to all members of Staines Band!! :D :D

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dan
    sister
    contest
    Staines
    members
  3. Highams

Highams Member

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

Yes well done!!!

What's this about having to line up!! It took ages just for the octagenarians to not feel that their power's being usurped when we point at our name ;).

shame the section finished so late though...

hbb

5. Dan

Dan Member

Ahh thanks Tash, it was a great day!

Well done to the whole band and Ian and of course Northfleet and Clacton. Hope we can all go to Harrogate and do well for London & SC in the finals!!

:D

6. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

Well done to all at Staines!

Trigger, all you need to do now is make sure Solent qualify next weekend so you can show 'em how it's done in Harrogate :wink:
    Good luck!

7. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

Yes, well done. I heard Staines as well as a number of other bands and you were quite a long way better than the rest of us.

8. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Active Member

Yes. Well done to the Band of the Coldstream Guards!

Bob

9. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Did we have 50 odd playing members then?

And the Lord said "Come Forth". You came third and didn't qualify. :twisted:

10. nickcornock

nickcornock Member

Funny? I'm sure they were changing the Guard on Saturday and I certainly don't recall playing with them at the Areas!

Nick Cornock (Band of the Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers!) :lol:

11. Dan

Dan Member

Oh dear - more remarks from anonymous posters.

:D

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Dan
    sister
    contest
    Staines
    members
  13. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

hmmm - perhaps not the best way to make your feelings known - especially on a public forum :evil:

Dan, perhaps you can clear this up for us - did you bring in a lot of people for the contest?? or did you do as most bands do and fill any vacancies with anyone you could find to help? (Who wouldn't recruit the best players they know to help thier band???)

Either way it was very well played - there were other examples of bands on the day 'who only contest' who didn't do nearly so well as expected . . .

14. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Bob's not anonymous! Are you, Murray? Your representative on stage yesterday did look fantastically peed off at having to collect third prize - wish that was our problem!

Dave

15. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

The Coldstream Guards????? my boss will be really mad when he finds out :(
    Jason (Grenadier Guards Band)

We didn't half play well though :D

Thanks to you all for your very kind comments, and in answer to Mike Saville's question, we didn't bring in players just for this contest. All members of the band that played on Sat are totaly comitted to the band and are very excited about the prospect of a promising future.

Well done Dan, you played a blinder, and hello Tash, hope to see you again soon.

My head still hurts :(

16. Tambour

Tambour New Member

Yeah well done to Dan and Staines!! i think you are just jealous that Staines has such sexy musicians! and i bet they're even sexier in uniform!!!!! what a party we had after the lock in at our local band pub :wink:

17. Tambour

Tambour New Member

One other thing...............Did anyone see Dans moonie on the coach?!!! she was the one in the black thong!!!! :lol: :oops: :oops: :lol:

18. Dan

Dan Member

Thanks for your support Mike. I think Jason has summed it up pretty nicely.

Bobs Your Uncle (or whatever the supposedly 'anonymous' username is meant to be) a little bit of advice for you - maybe next year if you concentrate on your own weaknesses as opposed to other bands strengths you may fair a little better.

I am fairly confident that your comments won't hold much water with other users considering your normal topics of conversation on this forum (please click here for a direct link to Bob's previous contributions to this site [Removed broken link] :evil:

Thanks Jason - everyone played a blinder that is why we won and why the recording of our performance sounds so fantastic :D

And Maestro - as you so eloquently put it "And the Lord Said 'Come Forth'and".........................

And just one last thing.....................Well done Northfleet and well done Clacton, looking forward to competing with you ALL in Harrogate. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  19. Dan

Dan Member

Ha - brilliant!!! I thought mine was right next to yours! :shock: :D :shock :D :D

20. nickcornock

nickcornock Member

No she was doing a chest moonie!! I know cos I saw the pair of you!! :shock:

21. Dan

Dan Member

What else do you expect from such a 'good looking' band ehhh? All those fit musicians :wink:

22. Trigger

Trigger Member

You're not copying your little sister AGAIN are you? :lol: You get your own end of contest party trick!! Besides, my bum's nicer than yours!! :lol: :wink: And hello Gaarry (aka Jason)!!! :D