Well done and thanks to Shaggy

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Pythagoras, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Last night at rehearsal our conductor was not there due to ilness, and Andrew Stanton (Shaggy on tmp) was coming to help us out on percussion. As soon as he walked through the door he was asked to conduct, having never conducted us before. He proceeded to do a really good rehearsal, so I thought I'd just say thanks on here.
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Percussionists always make the best conductors, cos despight what *some* of you brass types think, we can actually keep time very well ;) and listen to whats happening infront of us.,,....
  3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Beat me to it

Yes I'll second that too - big thanks Andrew. Our conductor had to nip round to A&E last night and I'm still waiting to see if he's fit enough to do our next job this Saturday at Barnsley Mayors Parade. He's down with a very swollen ankle at the moment - however our assistant conductor also managed to damage ligaments in his right foot two weeks ago so he's currently out of action as well - he then managed to break his toe on his other foot whilst getting out of the bath.

If bad luck comes in threes then I hope that's ours for this year.
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I thought it was because they were always dropping a stick, so got used to having one in their hand :eek:
  5. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Thanks very much lads and lasses for your kind words, especially pythagoras seeing as he and his section got more "stick" from my stick (if you see what I mean) than the rest of the band...mmm....starting to wonder about you thaggy, do you like being whipped as well?

Glad you all derived some benifitt from it anyway, I can do even better if you ever manage to find the conductors pad for me!

Dont forget.....dont wallow in it and keep in front of that steam roller.