Welcome from cornetgirl!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cornetgirl, Jul 4, 2005.

1. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Hi and welcome to tMP!

I'm Rachel Miller, to be found adding my little contributions to this mighty forum under the alias of cornetgirl!

I joined back in December 02 having seen a post about it in my old band's guestbook. Once I found tMP and logged on that was it - hooked! I'm very proud to have been tMP's first ever Principal Cornet at Whit Friday 2003 and the first tMP soloist at Children in Need - for those of you who weren't there, you missed an amazing evening despite the frostbite! :)

I'm a flugeller in my heart and I began my brass career on cornet at the late age of 15. I was lucky enough to be taught by the great Jim Shepherd with some additonal support from Geoff Whitham and without them I doubt I'd be half the player I am today. My first instrument is actually the viola but tMP are a very forgiving bunch and let me off with that!! :D

I'm currently on the books of the mighty Hepworth Band, travelling a 120 mile round trip to rehearsals. I'm in the shed department and my colleagues will tell you my rainstick technique is admired far and wide (when I'm not knocking them out with it... :p). I'm also recovering from a neck injury although I'm making good progress and am also to be found helping out any band that asks me nicely enough.

I am married to the wonderful Ian. We married on April 23rd with a tMP Band providing the music at the ceremony - the first ever tMP Wedding Band. If it wasn't for John and tMP we wouldn't have had such a wonderful day with great music.

tMP is a wonderful forum where you can get help and advice as well as have a good laugh. I'm the tMP Dentist and I'm always willing to give you any advice you need!

Have fun!

Rach x
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  2. Di

Di Active Member

:hi Rachel.

And many thanks for all the advice you give to our "teeth in need" :clap: :biggrin:
  3. CornetJem

CornetJem Member

^ like the name by the way.. That's what I was going to have but it was already in use- you beat me to it :p
  4. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I'd forgotten about the tmp Whit Friday band. Does it still turn out ?

~ Mr Wilx
  5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

not for a couple of years. As well as Whit Friday and Children in Need we also did Easingwold a couple of times. My husband Stan (Chewytuba) and I played in most of the tmp scratch bands and we had a great time as well as making some fantastic friends.

It used to be a bit bizarre at places like Butlins when I'd be grabbed and cuddled by people I'd met through TMP. The only touble was I could never remember anyones real name. We all knew each other by our forum names
  6. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I wasn't involved, but they sound like good times.

~ Mt Wilx