Welcome back...!!!

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Jul 5, 2008.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

[imgleft]http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/tmp_news_icon.gif[/imgleft]Hiya All

Well, we're back...!! and we managed to get a fair amount of the upgrade stuff completed, but there is a lot more that we need to finish. So, can I ask everyone to pop a post in here if you spot anything you feel is missing from what used to be there, and I can then set about sorting it out for you - in pretty much the same manner as we have during previous upgrades.

Hope you like the new fresh style, it will make things much easier for me to manage going forward.

I appreciate there's a lot still to do, such as banners, adverts, home page layout etc, but we've been at it for 6 hours and we're all done for today. I am away tomorrow and can look to complete any outstanding items during the week. We also thought that we should re-open tMP despite not having everything finished or as ready as I would have liked, the site though is fully functional.

Thanks for your patience, and hope you enjoy the new look. Keep an eye out for new features and functions over the coming days.

John and the Team.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    changed features
    enhancements
    idiots guide
    things
  3. Grand job on the update folks and hope you all had a good day.

My only query is the new brightness of the site.
    I used to like the dark blue surrounding of the site.
    Perhaps I need to get a pair of sunglasses now!?!?!?!

Well done anyway!!!

4. leisa

leisa Active Member

errr...john...theres a gay video in random chat you might wanna get rid of...:-S

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- ssshh! (... that might have escaped from the mod boards during the upgrade! :tongue:).

Well done, John. It looks like the upgrade was successful. One question ... will there be any options to customize/change the display?

6. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

I actually quite like the 'graph paper' new look John.

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I see that the PM facilities have changed as well ...

8. Di

Di Active Member

Not any longer! Thanks. A whole day off line, come back on, start "test driving" and as soon as John walks out the door to drive home, that's what I find on the board.

Very sorry folks anyone who came across that.

9. leisa

leisa Active Member

Its ok...ive just finished scrubbing out my eyes with soap :-S

10. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

Nice work - I didn't really like the old front page to tMP - it is after all predominantly a forum and I was confused by some of the 'extra' bits'n'piece on the old front page. This new one is much cleaner and easier and makes it very clear what tMP is. Thanks for the update.

11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Quite a lot of tMPers' avatars are not displaying.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    changed features
    enhancements
    idiots guide
    things
  13. Di

Di Active Member

Thanks. Another one for the list. :wink:

14. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

My tMP supporter badge is missing. :(

15. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Several smilies not working either.;)

16. Di

Di Active Member

I'm not sure whether this is a case of the group isn't reset yet or whether you just need to redo your profile. Can you please have a go at this and let me know what happens?

http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16651

Ta. :)

17. Di

Di Active Member

Yup, thanks. They're definitely on the list. :)

18. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I haven't updated the avatars yet - will do so when at home tomorrow evening rather than from wi-fi in caravan!!! :) it takes a long while and didn't want to time-out.

Will be sorted tomorrow too!

Sorry for the glitches...

19. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

One thing I do like is the sub-forums being at the top of the screen

20. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

The only 'Log Out' button I can see is at the bottom of the main forums page whereas it used to be in the blue bar at the top of every page. Is this intentional?

21. Di

Di Active Member

No, it's not intentional, but again I'm afraid time ran away with us and left us. We're aware we're a few tabs missing and should be getting around to adding them in shortly. :)

22. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Cool. No probs.

I must say it all looks very clean and still pleasing to the eye although, I too, preferred the wide-screen version but I could quite easily get used to this.

Good work. (Insert thumbs up smilie - that isn't quite ready yet :)!!!!!)