Welbeck Estates - Midlands 4th Section - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by HelterSkelter, Feb 12, 2008.

1. HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter Member

Check latest posts for current vacancies.

Welbeck Estates Brass Band is a friendly 4th section band, located in between Mansfield and Worksop, just off the A60.

I've recently taken over as MD, and am in the process of building the band. We have a good nucleus of loyal and talented players, but we're looking to strengthen our line-up. In particular I'd be interested to hear from any Soprano, Tutti Cornet, Bass Trombone & Eb/Bb bass players.

We're looking to return to contesting in the near future, and our concert diary is beginning to fill up. We're fortunate enough to have our own bandroom with log-burning fire, tea-making facilities and ample parking. As if that's not enough, our 'local' serves cheap beer!

We rehearse on Monday and Thursday evenings, and guests are always guaranteed a warm welcome.

Interested? Give me a call on 07788 726771 (evenings only, or leave me a message), e-mail me on md@welbeckestatesbrassband.org or PM me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2008
  2. HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter Member

We're looking at a return to contesting in 2009, and seats are beginning to fill up nicely. I'd still like to hear from any bass players (Eb or Bb), Bass Trom or Sop players out there. If anyone finds themself without a band after the regionals, then just let me know...!

We've also recently begun a Saturday morning workshop session for beginners, or anyone who wants to brush up on their skills. Starts at 9am at the bandroom - see our new website www.welbeckband.com for further details.

A warm welcome awaits!

3. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

If you're short of a bass trom for any up n comin gigs let me know Jeff.

4. HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter Member

Nice one, Rob, will do! :tup We've just had a bass trom player join us, but he tends to travel round Europe quite a bit during the summer, so I may well be in touch! Good to see you back on tMP! :biggrin:

UPDATE
    We're now looking to strengthen our Euph/Bari row, so if anyone out there is interested, let me know. We're also after an assistant principal cornet - our top man, Terry, is a star but needs some support!

5. HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter Member

We're still looking for Cornet players - front or back row welcome (assistant principal still up for grabs!). We also need another Euphonium, Baritone and Eb bass.

We have a busy but sensible concert schedule, we rehearse Mondays and Thursdays just off the A60, 5 miles south of Worksop. Take a look at our website www.welbeckband.com to find out a bit more about us and to see some photos of the people who play in the band. If that doesn't put you off :eek: then PM me and I'll tell you more!

6. HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter Member

Where are all the cornet players?

Where are all the cornet players out there? We'd love to hear from any front or back row cornets to help a steadily improving band. We have a busy but sensible concert schedule throughout the year. We'll be doing a Hallowe'en concert on October 31st at the Acorn Theatre in Worksop, so if you want to have a bit of fun and like wearing fancy dress too, then give me a shout. :biggrin:

If you're a euphonium or baritone player, please also get in touch as we've still got a couple of vacancies there, too.