Weird Noise on my PC! Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Euph-Bari, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

My Computer keeps making funny noises at me, through the speakers
    its sounds like a camera phone when you take a picture (well some of the camera phones)

Could it be a programme running in the background or somthing?, i havn't a clue!

any idea?

Cheers

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Weird Noise
    noises
    camera phone
    some
    idea
  3. jameshowell

jameshowell Active Member

It could be as simple as dust on your speaker connection, this will create a nasty "crackling" type sound.

All you need to do is unplug your speaker jack from the back of the computer and look to see if there is any dust, and if there is just use one of those really low powered hoover type thingies.

4. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

PC Soundcard????

One time, when I moved my mouse, the speakers would make a strange noise. Just a thought.

5. jameshowell

Just as a note James, that could have been down to dust on the speaker connections and in the jack inouts on the back of the soundcard. If the mouse cable touched the speaker cable when it was moved, then it would make the connection crackle 'cos of the dust.

This would be the best thing to cjweck first, before getting into anything more complicated. :lol:

6. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

I actually managed to fix it, it was a driver problem with my soundcard; SoundBlaster Platinum 5.1 running on WindowsXP. But thanks anyway! :wink:

7. jameshowell

Yeah, XP doesn't seem to like music software/hardware much!

All our systems in music tech at school, and my home computers, all run XP and it isn't the most stable OS in the world. But it's getting better as fixes are released.

Still not as sound as the Mac's for music though. Eagerly awaiting such a time I am loaded enough to buy a new G5 for all my music work!

8. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

aint such a crackling sound - its egsactly the same everytime it does it

9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

it's a warning alarm, you have too much adult entertainment stored on your pc, delete it now! :wink:

10. jameshowell

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

11. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

got it in one! :p :lol:

:roll:

Edit: just have to point out that i do not look at adult entertainment whatso ever, erm it is wrong, WRONG! :lol:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Weird Noise
    noises
    camera phone
    some
    idea
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

:shock: :D

14. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

It could even be your mobile phone. Even if you're not actually using it, they send a "hello, i'm here" signal out every now and then. I always know my phone's going to ring or receive a message a few seconds before it actually does because of the interference through the speakers.

15. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Maybe your hamster is stuck in the speaker...I hate it when that happens :roll:

16. ju33les

ju33les Member

Adult entertainment?
    Is that like crown bowls or sequence dancing? :?

17. HBB

HBB Active Member

:shock: :)

18. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

More like Knitting I'm afriad

19. ju33les

ju33les Member

:D
    Can't pull the wool over my eyes young man!!.....OK it was awful! :dunno

20. NeilW

NeilW Member

Serious answer (sad, I know!)

Does it correspond to anything happening on the screen - like you maximising a window, navigating a menu, error box, warning box or the like?

If so, you've got a sound associated with the event. Go to Control Panel-> Sounds and see which events have sounds associated with them.

NeilW
    (of course it could be the "you've got something on your computer that you shouldn't have" event that its been associated with as well....)

21. Di

Di Active Member

Does it happen for a short while after its been turned on? I noticed our computer making lots of popping and clicking sounds on different pitches and thought it was about to self destruct. Apparently, in this case, its some sort of feature of the sound card and settles down after a few minutes.

22. BottyBurp

BottyBurp Member

could be the MS Office Assistant (Grrrrr :evil: ) making it's noises every so often...