Wedding walking out music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BbBill, Mar 14, 2011.

1. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Hi, our wedding is a week on Saturday and Im looking for a suggestion for a brass band piece of music for walking out after the ceremony. We're having a Humanist Ceremony, so it must be a non-religious piece.

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks!

2. barrytone

barrytone Member

My sister came into her wedding to Prince of Denmark's March and left to Handel's Music from Royal Fireworks. Sounded absolutely briliant! My banding friend came into Knight Templar and left to the Finale from Year of the Dragon; bit of an eccentric choice but sounded great!

3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

How about #"Here we go, here we go, here we go" ?
    (Only joking Bill !!)

- Mr Wilx

4. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

One of my mates missus walked down the aisle to 'Chanson de Matin' and out to the closing stages of 'Olympic fanfare.'

Not strictly a religious piece (despite the connotations of the name) but a cracking bit of music to walk out to is the Alford march 'Standard of St George.'

Or there's Philip Sparke's arrangment of Widor's Toccata. Not easy, but a wedding favourite and a proper belter of a piece.

5. AmandaD

AmandaD Member

Once played at a wedding and they walked out to the Floral Dance. Bizarre, but the congregation loved it and where clapping along.

Amanda.x.

6. We had Highland Cathedral - with pipes. It sounded great, and is religious in title only.

7. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I've just realised what a plank I must look for suggesting "Standard of St George" to a Scot!! D'oh!

In my defence I don't recall a march with a title incorporating St Andrew....

8. euph77

euph77 Member

My wife and I walked out to the Beatles' "When I'm 64" which I had arranged for the brass 5tet we had. That got a few laughs!!

9. What about;

Love on the Rocks
    Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

many others....

10. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

My mate walked out to 'What A Difference A Day Makes' which was a very cleverly subtle choice I thought.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Im
    Humanist Ceremony
    Wedding
    music Hi
    brass band piece of music
  12. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Signed Sealed Delivered?
    It Must be Love?
    I've got you under my skin?

13. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

There must be a band arrangement somewhere of "Another one bites the dust" ...

14. leisa

leisa Active Member

I have been trying to think of similar for my wedding in August, although we are having a 10piece rather than full band. One of my other halfs suggestions was one of the Acts from Lohengrin (sp?!) we also have down Pachabels Cannon, not sure if it's been arranged for full band but there i a 10piece arrangement, Queen of Sheba is another one...

15. Split Splat

Split Splat Member

We had Earl of Oxfords March....awesome :clap:

16. CorelliClash

CorelliClash New Member

the bourgouis serenade was written for just that purpose :)

17. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Aye was thinking about this one, I've been listening to it today, its a cracking arrangement!!

Not desperatly keen on Highland Catherdral really at the best of times!!
    Would I be right in saying we were at NYBBS at the same time Andy, in the mid 90's, I was just a young fla on tuba, think you were good friends with Ricky Evans if I remember?!!

We're having this one in the few pieces before the ceremony, aye its a good one!

Also having this one before the ceremony, love it!

18. andyp

andyp Active Member

We had that to come out to at our wedding - as it's a favourite of ours and starts off at all our best walking days.

Something upbeat, and preferably loud........

Whatever you choose bear in mind you'll only hear the 1st 16 bars or so as you leg it in the direction of the celebrations.........

19. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Skirlish? Punchinello? ;)

20. fartycat

fartycat Member

One of the Susato suite pieces?

21. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

When 2 of our players got married we played Zip ah de doo dah for them to walk out to (purloined from Disney Fantasy)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Im
    Humanist Ceremony
    Wedding
    music Hi
    brass band piece of music