Wedding Music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by steve butler, Oct 17, 2011.

1. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Hi all, long time no see and all that.
    I'm looking for ideas for wedding music for my sons wedding next April.
    My good friends Kippax Band will be playing, need suggestions for pieces to walk down the isle to (before and after as it were) and maybe bits during service.
    Would have liked Elsas procession but we used that for a family funeral last year so it would induce even more tears than the ones expected :cry:

All suggestions serious and otherwise will be gratefully accepted :D
  2. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

We had Feste Musik der Stadt Wien to go in to and Widor's Toccata to go out to :D
  3. leisa

leisa Active Member

Hey Stevie B!!

We had a ten piece at our wedding and had Pachabels Canon walking in and Crown imperial walking out of church, hope you're well!! :)
  4. leisa

leisa Active Member

P.S In the service we used alot of the ten piece stuff along with shepherds song, over the rainbow - horn solo and Looking through the eyes of Love - Euph solo.
  5. steve butler

Cheers Fiona and --- Leeeeeesa
    Good start, food for thought there. We will have a full band so want to make the most of full band sound.
  6. tubagod

tubagod Member

Bruremarsj by Jan Magne Forde
  7. KernowSop

KernowSop Member

I had Gabriels Oboe for walking in, Fields of Gold during and You'll Never Walk Alone for walking out (the husband is a big Liverpool fan). :)
  8. swisscornet

swisscornet Member

'La Réjouissance' from Handels Music for the Royal Fireworks for walking out?
  9. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

What about - "you are the sunshine of my life" whilst signing register - Goff's 3 flugel's, 3 troms version is cracking.

We've done alsorts at Weddings has a list of some of the varieties we've done. . .

also - Chasing Cars as a Processional (!) Love and Marriage and You are my Sunshine for in and out, Oh, Happy Day for signing too. . . .

I do like the 5th Movement from Handels Water Music for either in or out. But I'd have thought with DL in the middle, anything could be arranged!
  10. TheFopp

TheFopp Member

You are more than welcome to use this arrangement that I wrote for my wife to walk down to the aisle to at our wedding.

It is the Bridal March by Wagner, but in a more modern fanfare setting.

Have a listen through Scorch here ( and see what you think. It is about 1m30s long and if the bride starts walking as the snare comes in then she has a minute to get slowly down the aisle and have the dress re-arranged etc which, timing wise, is probably about right for most aisles.

If you like it PM me with your email address and I'll email PDFs of the score and parts across.

It would be good for it to be used again!

11. steve butler

Thanks Adrian (and all for suggestions - keep em coming). Isla (bride) has said she doesn't want the bridal march, but that sounds a great arrangement so I'll let her have a listen at the weekend and see what she thinks.
  12. steve butler

Edit: Garry, thats a great list, some excellent ideas there! Cheers.
  13. blue juice

blue juice Member

Fanfare and Flourishes is a good one for going down the aisle. Based around the wedding classic Te Deum prelude and fairly short as well. Sounds great in a church as well!!
  14. nethers

nethers Active Member

Can't believe nobody's mentioned 'Serenade'... I can hear the QI alarms going off now!

Second mvt Year Of The Dragon if you dislike the solo trombone? Good while signing the register etc. Goff Richard's lighter interludes are good for this sort of thing too, A Country Scene, the slow bit from Cross Pantonce etc.

Crown Imperial should certainly be considered, absolutely perfect music. I think a John Williams fanfare (Liberty?) might also make a good entrance while not being as long as the Walton march.

Have a great day!
  15. Claire

Claire Member

We had fanfare and flourishes to walk into and The arrival of the Queen of Sheba to walk out to

During the service we had Wild Mountain Thyme (cornet solo, arr. Leigh Baker) and Myfanwy.

Before I arrived we had a selection of 'cheese'. Mr Jums, Love changes everything, cavatina etc.
  16. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

And while I remember... we had Harold Noble's 'Nocturne' while we were signing the register. It's so beautiful, and just not played often enough. Here's a (crackly) camera recording of Fodens playing it at a concert.... :D
  17. Mossca

Mossca Member

Might be an idea to have a look through the library and select a short list. Then if there is something that we don't have we can try and get hold of it for you. Have a chat with David at Nov club concert if you are coming up and get some ideas. See you then.
  18. steve butler

Cheers Col, will give you a bell in next couple of weeks, may ask for odd request for club concert if thats ok. May try and get to Xmas church concert too.
  19. blue juice

blue juice Member

Flowerdale? ;)
  20. steve butler

Mmm could be a bit risky if there is a dep that day .........