Wedding music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by YellowTubs, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YellowTubs

YellowTubs New Member

OK, bit of a brainstorm and ideas session........

I'm getting married at the beginning of October, and I've asked our band to play. I'm sorted for all music, with the only exception being the main music for my partner walking down the aisle.

I originally thought of the fanfare from "La Reine de Saba", but are not able to get it. Plus it may kill off our cornets, or at least mean they need a lie down for the rest of the service.......

Any other suggestions for music of this ilk? I've looked at Fest Musik der Stadt Wein last night, but it's not quite right. I really like the finale fanfare march from Star Wars, but I fear that may precipitate the fastest divorce in history.

Hey ho.

Over to you........

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    La Reine de Saba
    main music
    bit
    Wedding music OK
    finale fanfare march
  3. leisa

leisa Active Member

4. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Played at a wedding once where the conductor chose 'Love on the Rocks'. I promise that is true. I don't know what he was thinking.

5. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Addams Family? :D

Nobody knows the touble I've seen...

She'll be coming round the mountain...

Siegfrieds Funeral March...

6. HornMaster

HornMaster Member

I've played at a wedding where the bride walked down to 'Procession to the Minster'. The band played the whole piece and it was arranged/timed so that the bride walked in at a certain point towards the end - the effect was brilliant.

Also, I remember one I did that I think may have been by Rimsky-Korsakov - not very helpful I know, so I'll rack my brains and add another reply if I can think of it.

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.