Wedding Music

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by mjwarman, Apr 21, 2008.

1. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

I'm hoping tMP community can help me with this one.....

I am getting married in September and we have been thinking about the music for the bride walking in and out. We have not got enough room for a full band, or even an ensemble, but have asked on of our friends to do a trumpet fanfare for the walk out, (probably Trumpet voluntary) and we were thinking of having Pacabell's cannon as the bride walks in.

Does anyone know of any arrangements of Pacabell's Cannon? Could it be done with only 2 or 3 players, (there would be a few at our disposal if we asked!)

Also, i'd like to be able to get hold or a recording of the backing piano part of Trumpet voluntary as our friend might feel a bit lonely playing the fanfare on his own!!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks in advance

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    community
    tMP
    few
    music
    bride
  3. ballyhorn

ballyhorn Member

Do you mean Pachelbel?????.......:)

4. Hi Matt,

I've been doing some running round to find music for my wedding too.
    There's a site I found which looks good, try this link
    http://www.mattkingston.com/trumpet_wedding/

(never done that before - hope it works!)

Good luck for the big day!

5. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

Yes I mean Pachelbel!!!

Thanks for the link, I have the music for trumpet voluntary already, it was a recording of the accompaniment that I was after, anyone...........

Any info on Pachelbel would be really good too.

6. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Just a thought-

'Prelude from the Te Deum' by Charpentier is also a wonderful piece of music, and I'm pretty sure that it's available with a CD backing track.

7. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

Advances have been made........

I have managed to secure a quartet now, two trombones and two trumpets, one of the trombones is also a superb arranger, so I think we have it all sorted!! The link to the Matt Kingston website was very useful, so thank you very much.

As always, it's been a pleasure!! :clap: