Wedding music?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by welsh_dragon, Jun 19, 2006.

1. welsh_dragon

welsh_dragon New Member

I have been asked to play my Baritone at a wedding while the bride and groom will be signing the register. Does anyone know of a any piece of music that would be appropriate for the occassion?I have an idea of some music i could play but i was wondering if anyone could give me some more ideas!Thanks!!

2. Mr_Euniverse

Mr_Euniverse Member

What instruments are accompanying?
    "Peace" by John Golland is lush & works well for Bari.
    "Aubade" by Philip Sparke is nice.

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

"Panis angelicus"?

or how about "Please release me" ? :oops:

4. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Rutland Water by Malcolm Bennett; Carole Crompton used to do this as a Bari solo. I know you can get band accompaniment, not sure about piano.

5. BrianT

BrianT Member

Do you know who publishes the Band version of Rutland Water? I think there's a 10 or 12-piece arrangement (vaguely remember playing it years ago), and there's also a piano arrangement I think, but I didn't think there was a band version.

6. cate.b

cate.b New Member

at my wedding i had 'Deep inside the Sacred Temple', it was marvellous. It was played by two baritones and the effect was brilliant. Also not as nerve wracking if you are not playing alone.

And just remembered i had a trombone play the old arrangement ' we 'ere you walk'. That went down a storm as well, i seem to remember.

Cate

7. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

The Irish Blessing is a lovely one. Carrickfergus would work with piano...

8. MR WMS

MR WMS Member

Are the couple Welsh, if so maybe some Welsh love songs,traditional and/or modern would do. Have the couple mentioned anything in particular?