wedding music

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Dafyddjones, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Dafyddjones

Dafyddjones New Member

I am looking for the following sheet music for full brass band for a planned wedding:

Finale from Organ Concerto No.3 (with Organ part): Saint-Saens
    The Great Gate of Kiev: Mussorgsky arr. Howarth
    Overture to Henry V: R Vaughan-Williams

Can anyone help?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    The Great Gate of Kiev
    sheet music
    Organ
    part
    anyone
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I think Philip Wilby made an arrangement of this???
    BB Willebroek played it last year in Brussels (with a good friend of mine on the big organ of the conservatoire concert hall)

So I did some research:
    Black Dyke recorded an arrangement by someone called Cosens on Cathedral Brass
    Sellers recorded the Wilby arrangement on Somehwere in Time

4. andyp

andyp Active Member

I'm 99% sure Frank Renton did a version of this, I heard Grimethorpe play it at Spennymoor a few years ago. Without organ, though? Might be a one-off, though, don't know if it's published.

5. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

It is Frank Renton and it is published... been knocking round for a while that one. Still takes a lot to pull it off though (as it were).

6. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Frank Renton's version of the Saint-Saens is published by Kirklees, Henry V is published by Boosey & Hawkes (distributed by Studio Music) and I think the Howarth was published by Chester Music - If you can't find this MMI Music have an equally good (IMHO!) version of a large part of Pictures arranged by Matthew Hackett (MRSH here on tMP).

7. Aidan Geary

Aidan Geary Member

I may be wrong but........

I think the Renton arrangement is for band and not organ. i.e. the solo part is incorporated into the ensemble. I played this with Brighouse at Huddersfield Town Hall, and the organ certainly wasn't playing a solo!

Good though - I was on timps!!!!!

8. Dafyddjones

Dafyddjones New Member

I would ideally like the arrangement with Organ - does anybody know if this is published, and by whom??

9. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

There are two (including the Frank Renton one) on the Just Music website HERE

Just type 'Organ Symphony' in the Quick Search.

Why don't you give them a call. I'm sure they could help if they don't do it.

Cheers.

10. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

This is the Wilby arrangement Jan referred to above. I don't know the publisher, sorry, but doesn't Philip Wilby's stuff come through Maecenas Music?

11. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Mostyn Music do the Wilby arrangement. You can get it HERE

Cheers

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    The Great Gate of Kiev
    sheet music
    Organ
    part
    anyone
  13. Jimmy_2121

Jimmy_2121 Member

Wasn't the music for Henry V written by William Walton?

14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Walton wrote the music for the Olivier film, but the Vaughan Williams overture already existed: indeed it was R V-W who suggested the inclusion of the Agincourt Song, which appears in both works.