Wedding Hymns

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by YellowTubs, Sep 25, 2008.

1. YellowTubs

YellowTubs New Member

Ok, my previous quandry is now sorted, I've got hold of Gourdos Queen of Sheba for the bridal procession. Any suggestions now for a really good hym for a wedding from the red book?

I have Jerusalem from the music we have, and Love Divine from the red book. Seems to me a lot of the hyms are very funereal in the 120 Hymns red book.

Any ideas, just need one more....over to you

Yellowtubs :)
  2. [OCUK]Kitchster_uk

[OCUK]Kitchster_uk New Member

We had those two and instead of a hymn while we signed the register, the band played The Irish Blessing. We had the words printed in the programme as well, was a nice touch really.

Just be careful of what they actually play. We were to go out to the Mendhelsson(sp?) wedding march, the fanfe was ace and as we stepped off down the aisle....zippidy do dah...

Still, was a cracking day and having the band (murton) there made all the difference.
  3. DannyCollin

DannyCollin Member

Fight the good fight or Abide with me
  4. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

Got married two months ago and we had Diadem and Diademata as our hymns (nos. 17 & 18 I think).

We were totally blessed as we had Phillip McCann playing solos as we signed the register. He was that good the congregation applauded when he finished! the best!
  5. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

I think Chandos Records may help you out there. I remember they have a compilation recording out for 'Music for Weddings'. Have a look at their site. Me and the mrs had a civil ceremony, as both of us been married before, so we did'nt have any hymns, as they were not allowed!