Website Hosting

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by welshraz, Jan 13, 2006.

1. welshraz

welshraz Member

My band have had a bit of a shake up in regards to organisation etc. and we no longer have a website. I am looking for a website host to put a new band site on. Any ideas, suggestions etc.?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    website
    regards
    band site
    website host
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

tMP!

Contact theMusicMan for details.

4. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

we use compila.com

but look round carefully before signing any deal. there are always better deals found after you sign up

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

As Dyl says... tMP provides hosting solutions as a way for bands and individuals to support tMP in the process. Drop me a PM if you need more info... we have many www sites already hosted on tMP servers.

6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Hi Raz, we are in the process of building a new website at Wem, and we are using tmp to host it.
    i can safely say that it's
    a) a great way to support tmp, and
    b) the service you get off John is amazing.

give him a try .

Craigy

7. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

I use DreamHost. I believe that they are currently offering 4 Gb of disk space and 120Gb of bandwidth per month for $7.95 US.

They support all of the usual things (PHP, MySQL, PERL, Python, etc, etc), and have a number of free software installations to choose from. They do not support any of the MicroSoft-specific things (ASP, FrontPage, etc) as they run only Unix servers.

Of course, hosting at tMP allows you to help out the forum at the same time, so unless you need considerable resources, you'd probably be better off going that way.