Website Designer/Developer

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by ydna36, Feb 3, 2009.

1. ydna36

ydna36 Member

Hi all,

I'm looking to do some website designing/developing maybe as a start to making a small business out of it. I am fairly new to the area but have learnt a lot quickly and have made the website for my band. www.faireyband.com, check it out. (still a work in progress)

If your band needs a new website or just an overhaul to bring it into the 21st century and you don't want to pay thousands for a professional website design company then i'm sure i can help. Feel free to get in contact no matter how big or small the job is.

Either PM me on this website or email me at ydna_06@hotmail.com

Thanks

Andrew Oetegenn

2. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

I like the site; it's very clean and clear. If I might make a few observations? My personal preference would be to include the stylesheet from a separate file rather than include it in the main source. That makes it easier to maintain.

Not sure about the title banner - the text looks a bit all over the place.

Oh, and a Year View in the engagements calendar would be useful...

Apart from that, a really nice site with good use of photos and clear, easily-readable text.

Andy

3. ydna36

ydna36 Member

Thanks for the observations, i'm happy to listen to all suggestions as i'm learning so if anyone else has any obsevations feel free to let me know, or give me a chance to try them out on website you need designed ;)

Cheers

4. TubaPete

TubaPete Member

You might try looking at the accreditation that W3C do - give your clients some assurance that someone independent says you're doing a good job.

Pete

5. steve_r

steve_r Member

Hi

Nice site

One small comment. All of your boxes seem to be a fixed size, but the font size can vary with different browsers so when I look at it with Firefox on Linux I see some of the text overrun the boxes.

Is there a reason you wanted the boxes to be a fixed size and not just go with the text?

Cheers

Steve