Web Site of the Month : November 2007

Discussion in 'tMP Website of the Month' started by Di, Nov 2, 2007.

Web Site of the Month : November 2007

Poll closed Dec 1, 2007.
  1. [url]www.thundersleybrassband.co.uk[/url]

27 vote(s)
  2. [url]www.marshfieldband.co.uk[/url]

24 vote(s)
  3. [url]www.trmb.org.uk[/url]

10 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Di

Di Active Member

Voting now open in the November Web Site of the Month. Happy voting and don't forget the WoM Voting Guidelines. ;-)
  2. alks

alks Member

No ones voted for a few weeks now!. And Its a little close at the moment.
    Good luck all bands this month.

3. alks

alks Member

Just a thought....wouldn't it be better if there was a link to the website of the month competition on the main homepage? This way maybe more people will see it and be more inclined to vote instead of being tucked away in its own thread?

4. Irene Carstairs

Irene Carstairs New Member

Must agree with this. I didn't know there was an award for this till I came across it by mistake.
  5. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

Can you nominate your own band's website?
  6. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

yes, but this is a voting thread. You need to look for the currently active nomination one
  7. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

YES! That'll be me being dim again lol:oops:
  8. alks

alks Member

Whats this? sudden last minute voting? its like a tight ebay auction.
    Sadly i have no reserves left so well done.

9. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

That was a great battle, Alks, was up and down more than a Nun's habit!!..
    I'll make sure I nominate your website for the January prize.

10. dyl

dyl Active Member

It has been brought to our attention that there was a significant amount of "last minute" voting in the poll for November.

We investigated the poll for Web Site of the Month for November and found that numerous accounts been created, with votes being made in an attempt to secure a win for Thundersley Brass Band.
    The votes from these accounts have been deducted from the poll which gives us Marshfield as the winner for November 2007.

This is not the end of the matter, and 'those' behind the dodgy activity relating to this award will be dealt with accordingly.
  11. Mokey

Mokey New Member

Too right!
    Apart from which the front entry page is gross.
    Also a major fault, if you go to forum page you cannot escape, keeps jumping back to the forum
  12. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

13. lauren

lauren Member

Thanks for bringing this to our attention dyl. We were not aware of this and can assure you that this will be dealt with accordingly from our side of things. To all the other bands who were nominated please accept my apologises.
  14. needmorevodka

needmorevodka Member

For crying out loud mods! Please refer to your own voting guidelines:

As a last request: Please write only positive, constructive comments. If you must write something critical, please add an explanation of what you don’t like, and a suggestion as to how this may be improved.

If you don't like something don't vote for it, no need to be blatantly rude Mokey.

As for the "fault", try pressing the 'back' button on your browser twice. Rocket science it is not! Nor is it particularly "major".
  15. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Err I'm sorry did I miss something? We haven't criticized any website here, we mearly pointed out that we are aware of a member trying to "rig" the voting.

As for mokey - well he is entitled to his opinion just like you are...:-?
  16. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

So you quote the guidelines, highlighting "Please write only positive, constructive comments". And then you go on and slag Mokey off and ramble at him in a Negative, unconstructive comment.

Practice what you preach, springs into mind.

Anyhow, back on subject
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.