Weatherspoons Barmen

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, May 1, 2005.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Bit of a random thread but I had the idea last night-

The Barmen at your local weatherspoons-are they very flirty?! (in a nice way :)!)

Was out and about last night, and found the barman in the downstairs bar to be a very friendly chappy, then when we went upstairs that bar man was too!!

Just wondered if it's just Cornwall that houses nice barmen, or is it compulsory that to work at weatherspoons you must be very "friendly!!"......kind if a requirement?!

(I know this is a stupid thread but it might be interesting to see what people say!! :)

2. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I thought it usually depends on...
    • how short you skirt is
    • how low cut your top is
    • if you look smiley and friendly
    • if you're winking at them
    • if you waving a big wadge of cash and mainly
    • if you're hot and sexy

Seriously though....not so sure about wetherspoons in particular, haven't been in one for a while. I'll do some research and get back to you!

3. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i think thats all that matters dont u?

4. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I wondered why my little lady goes in there... :rolleyes:

5. sugarandspice

Funny your should mention that- was wearing a short skirt and a (reasonably) low cut top! had serious skirt issues tho! it appears my skirt is too big for me now-since the last time i wore it out.

6. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

You've obviously not been out drinking in Redruth or Camborne pubs then :eek: :hammer

7. sugarandspice

No, i do try and avoid it as much as possibe- twilight is about as close as i get! Falmouth is the place to go! :)

8. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

You are overdressed if you have more than 1 ear in Camborne!

Igg

9. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I would be interest to hear what Craig's (super_sop's) experience with this is ;)

10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

.... well, they're hardly gonna be ratty towards their customers

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Weatherspoons Barmen
    color
    black
    downstairs bar
    houses nice barmen
  12. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

A friend of mine, who happens to be a cornet player, is the manager of a Wheatherspoon pub. He definatly does not flirt with the girls. He's gay.

13. persins

persins Member

I didn't think it was gendre specific!!!

I must admit that barmen don't often flirt with me, a fact which I am quite happy with!!

With specifics to Wetherspoon's bar people, I generally find that they are usually too busy being rubbish at their jobs to have time to flirt with the customers!!!:mad:

Maybe, I'm not going to the right ones!! According to the posts above, perhaps I should be going to Cornwall more often! I miss the West Country:( !!!

14. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I think there must be something in the air in weatherspoons cos whenever i go in my local one EVERYBODY is really flirty :tongue:

15. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

maybe it's just you :p
    xx

16. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Not Wetherspoons as such, but a barman in Est Est Est bought me a drink. And yes, I was wearing a particularly cleavage-flashing dress at the time.

BMB
    xx

17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Oooo I was in Est Est Est today (being a lady that lunches) and the waiters were lovely...they didn't offer to buy me a drink though :rolleyes:!

18. bigmamabadger

This one was a genuine Italian one. I've always found waiters in Italy particularly attentive...
    BMB
    xx

19. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

He was Italian at least, cracking on a bit mind, but he still got a tip from us for being nice, even if he didn't buy a drink for me!
    I need tips on how to get free drinks BMB, you should run classes and give tips, so I can be successful in free drinkage!

20. Steve

Steve Active Member

Pick the most drunk looking bloke and ask him to buy you one, its amazing what women can get away with when it comes to free drinks.

21. bigmamabadger

Never fails;) Also try acting more drunk than you are and picking on the sober ones. They think they're onto a winner...
    If possible get your hands on his wallet as well....
    BMB
    xx

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Weatherspoons Barmen
    color
    black
    downstairs bar
    houses nice barmen