We Wuz Robbed in the sports world

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Laserbeam bass, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I was going to tack this on to Will the Sec thread, but you know what would happen there, so here goes.

I believe that last night should us the true meaning of the phrase "We Wuz Robbed" when a dodgy football team in white from North London, mugged a Lancashire Town out of it's rightful place in the Carling Cup Final. Hats off to Burnley for a great comeback, and if it hadn't have been for the wheeler dealing of a certain manager, the game would have been all over and the white shirted team would be back to being the worst London club in the Prem.
  2. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

"Justice was not done. Burnley outplayed us for the majority of the two games. 4-1 flattered us in the 1st leg and despite some goalkeeping errors in the 2nd leg they were good value for 3-0. Burnley would stand more chance against United in the final than our no hopers. An embarrassing day to be a Spurs fan and I feel guilty for robbing a gallant Burnley team. On that evidence they belong in the premier league and us in the championship"

Quote taken from a paper this morning and as a spurs supporter I couldn't agree more!!!

Harry (Redknapp) needs to stick a rocket somewhere soon, otherwise we may well be playing Burnley again next season, and not in the cups!!!
  3. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I agree too - Spurs were woeful for 110 mins of the match.

I was embarrased by our display - total dross.
  4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Hats off to Judas II, I say. His team is in the final where all but Man Utd aren't.
  5. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

The rules were quite clear last night.....

The game lasts 90 mins / 120 mins you can be as woeful as you like for 118 mins but the game lasts 120

Thats all that matters
  6. Laserbeam bass

Then to misquote Charles Dickens, "the rules is an ass"
  7. Laserbeam bass

Totttenham sympathiser, think of your roots, and the proud way you played outside an East London Stadium. Would you have done the same at White Fart Lane?
  8. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

What's with your anti-Tottenham slant?

Who do you support?
  9. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Who was in the box? Not Colin Hardy surely? :wink:
  10. Laserbeam bass

Leyton Orient are my team, and I am big enough to own up to it on a public forum. My brother is die hard West Ham fan and, thus seeing him disagree with me was just the norm so I gave him a ribbing back.

I hope this has appeased your wrath. I will consider my words more carefully when choosing to insult a football team that was at best last night, 10 players with a bloke in a yellow jersey flapping his arms about, and at worst two players combined who did less than Dean Ashton normally does for West Ham.

If you would like a full explanation I suggest that you speak to my elder brother "Will the Sec" via PM, as he has been getting accused of being aggressive lately, and establish whether that was a lighthearted p*** take or me being truly serious about a team that really doesn't interest me one way or the other.
  11. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Quite a reply. There was no wrath, I simply asked a question to which you gave a very drawn out answer.
  12. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I think you touched a nerve there Gaz :wink:
  13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Well... no one likes Spurs anyway.
  14. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

very true and no one likes burnley either
  15. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

everyone like Forest :)
  16. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

You've clearly never been to Derby (can't blame you)
  17. Laserbeam bass

Not at all. I merely wished to state in lucid terms the reasoning behind my initial comments, and as such I believe that the point was made. However, if I wish to have a pop at my brother again, I will confine it to things that cannot be interpreted as bashing, baiting or any other word that begins with B.
  18. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

It certainly was lucid, also tedious and ever so slightly pompous.
  19. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

c'mon ladies it's only football.

and lynchie - why on Earth would I want to go to a small town near Leicester?
  20. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I thought you were from Nottingham??!!:cool::tongue: