We have stopped smoking!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ju33les, Dec 17, 2004.

1. ju33les

ju33les Member

After a combined 50+ years of smoking, myself and Tim are well into our SIXTH week of kicking the habit. :-D

It is not always easy , and we would be lying if we said that we never want a ciggy, but we feel we deserve a congratulations!!

Here's to the rest of our lives not puffing away!(fingers crossed!)
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Wheyhey! That's great! Congrats!

Keep it up! :-D
  3. Hollie

Hollie Member

Must take a lot of hard work, so keep at it! I hand it to you both!
  4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Keep it up!
  5. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

yeah keep it up both of you, remember no fag breaks at Flixton hehe

TIMBONE Active Member

That's one of the many reasons why we did it sparky :-D mind you, look at the new avatar Julie has put up, and you can see what it was doing to us :-D
  7. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

congrats!!!! well done! :clap: :-D
  8. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Stick with it guys! Apart from health reasons, think of the money you are saving!
  9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

So Tim went from BBb bass which needs lots of air... back to trombone which needs much less... and THEN gave up cigarettes?

Only joking... good luck you two!
  10. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

well done. I gave up 18 months ago but still have the same amount of cash in my pocket each week. save whats left at the end of the week .

so far paid for two holidays and christmas with savings.

ps. whit friday was the worst day.
  11. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Brill - Well Done!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
  12. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Very well done both of you - hope you can stick to your resolve over the holiday ;)
  13. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Congrats to the both of you! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
  14. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

keep the will power going - you'll soon be able to go on a caribbean holiday with the money you save. :D

you never know it might improve your playing!!
  15. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Giving up smoking is easy - I've done it 6 or 7 times now!!!

Joking aside , fair play to you. Having not played an instrument again till June this year but smoking for five years previously , its made a huge negative impact on my playing and stamina compared to when I last played. Will be trying again come new year but the trouble is I am enjoying it too damn much. Whats worse , I'm a senior cardiac nurse and know all too well what its doing too me.

Barry Toan - If you read this don't say a word to mutha or I will have to kill you!!
  16. Fergus

Fergus Member

Well done & keep up the good work.
  17. kevthedrummer

kevthedrummer Member

cool well done
  18. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Well done! I'm only slightly ahead of you, I stopped the day before Pontins (possibly not the ideal day to choose). You're d*mn right about it not being easy. Possibly the lack of nicotine and a need to find something to do with my hands were responsible for spending over £100 on quadruple vodka red bulls at pontins. And I've gone up at least one waist size!

I'm determined not to become one of those smug, self righteous ex smokers though, and hereby issue full permission to anyone catching me doing so to buy me a drink so I'll shut up!
  19. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Does this mean you're not going to spend Christmas pontificating at me? Although I've now not had a ciggie for 2.5 days and am ready to kill...

Well done Ju33les and Timbone, I've been fighting it for years and this is more or less my last chance...
  20. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

I won't need to. Give him a beer or ten and baby brother can ponificate enough for the both of us:D