Wayne Rooney

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by lynchie, Sep 28, 2004.

1. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Thanks Toffees!

I'd just like to say, on behalf of every Man Utd fan on the planet, a big thankyou to Everton FC for giving us Mr Rooney... turns out he can play a bit!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Man Utd
    Wayne Rooney
    Everton FC
    planet
    us Mr Rooney
  3. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Actually I thought he had q quiet game and maybe struggled with the pressure of the champions league environment.(!!!!???!!!)
    However , he looks like he has potential.I suggest that SAF loans him out to a mid-table championship club to get some experience for a season or two .... I have just the club in mind...

Seriously , what a debut.Looks like MUFC are on to another winner with him.

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Watch out Europe and the rest of the Premiership. Man U are back in business.... Nothing but admiration for the way Rooney just isn't fazed by anything. And this from an Arsenal supporter! Good news for England!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2004
  5. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

This is deeply painful for a Leeds supporter to admit , but I cheered when he got his 3rd and I hate Man U!!
    Was an incredible atmosphere in pub last night watching the game - when he got his hat-trick the place went mental.
    Hope that he can do it for England ( would be nice if he had more of a team behind him!).

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

My God!! And I said last year that the toffees should offload him and take the money they were all offering cos he wasn't worth it!!

Just shows how wrong you can be!

Class...pure class. (that little shimmy he did and slight drop of the shoulder to send the defender the wrong way before lashing in his second goal!!) O...M...G!!!!:shock:

7. Chuckles-tuba

Chuckles-tuba Member

The guy is an absolute star and has the potential to be a legend in the years to come. I really hope he makes it especially for England.

Hopefully Sir Alex can do his bit in helping him keep his feet on the ground as he did with his other young stars.

I'm not a United fan but always shout for the british teams in Europe whoever they are, although last night I got in to the game more than usual and so did my 1 year old son (as he wouldn't go to sleep).

I've not been so excited about an individual player for a very long time (if ever!)