Water Key Cork Needed any ideas

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cornyandy, Mar 11, 2012.

1. cornyandy

cornyandy Member

Hi Guys,

I need a new water key cork for my Odyssey Premier Cornet (Nice Horn BTW). I tried to go back to the source at Banks but that would leave me instrumentless for over a week because of work. They don't supply parts just get Peter Pollard to do the job. It looks to be about 9 or 10 mill

I live out in the wilds of East Yorks and working as I do getting into anywhere is tricky (My band unfortunately have springs valve guides and all sorts but no corks)

Any ideas gratefully recieved

2. roger 10

roger 10 Member

3. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

PM me, I've got spares
  4. lynsey83

lynsey83 Member

You can pick up up a pack of 2 on Ebay or Amazon for about £2.50 :)
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

For emergency use, cut a piece of rubber to fit from an eraser.
  6. Hi Mate,

Contact Dan at brass fix it. or Try Alistair Hanson at hansons Music they have got everything.
  7. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

and for a Real emergency chew up some paper and use that.
  8. cornyandy

cornyandy Member

Thanks Guys,

The cornet at the moment is in dry dock desptite it being a nice instrument I gave it a look over yesterday and found that after only 11 months palying the gold plating is wearing off the triggers and there is a rust like deposit on the inside of the tuning slide. So after all that I had to get it to the Point of Purchase where Peter Pollard the designer will be having a butchers on Thursday

Sorry to mess all of you about, I'm pretty down at the mo not knowing which way to turn with my cornet but that's for another thread