Watchet Town Band Seek Conductor

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Rapier, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Watchet Town Band No Longer Seek Conductor.

Watchet Town Band are no longer seeking a new Conductor. Position filled.

(Baritones, basses and back row cornets welcome. Instruments and lessons available. A non contesting band, with own Band Room. Practise is a Friday and Wednesday night from 7.30 until 9.30)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Band Room
    Watchet Town Band
    non contesting band
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Conductor no longer required. Position now filled. :clap:
    Thanks

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  4. where is watchet?, if its anywhere near hebden bridge i could help out with the conducting until you get someone permanent if you like, give me a ring and we can have a chat on 07921391996

Cheers

CliVE

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Well thank you for your kind offer, although I think you'll find the 259 mile trip (one way) will probably get you down after a week or two. :)

Watchet is in sunny Somerset.

6. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

So there's no relocation package on offer then ;)

7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Relocation package? Well there's free use of the Bandroom and it's private parking space, a free pint in the Esplanade Club (run by one of the trombone section, which is nice) and sea views.

Much better than being Up North! :guiness

8. hmm, lol, ouch is a word that rapidly comes to mind there, lol, o well, best of luck findin a new md anyway.

cyaround

CliVE

9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Conductor/Band Trainer required. Our present conductor wishes to retire and so we are seeking a replacement. We are a small non-contesting band with decent players on the corner seats. (4th section standard ). We own our own band-room. Practice nights are Wednesday and Friday. Reasonable travelling expenses paid for practises and Jobs. No Barnaerts music allowed! ;)

10. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Conductor/Band Trainer still needed. We have until the end of the Summer season to find a replacement for our present Conductor, (who wants to retire now but will hold off until then). If no one comes forward there is a strong likelihood that the Band will fold, which would be tragic since it's been around since 1893.

11. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

I`m still asking around for you but the feed back I am getting is that the people I know like Contesting. You may have to put on those Walking Out Jackets yet!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Band Room
    Watchet Town Band
    non contesting band
  13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Watchet Town Band, (Somerset) seek the services of a Musical Director/Conductor/Band Trainer. The postion will become vacant in December, but can be sooner if a suitable person can be found. The Band own their own Bandroom, have an extensive music library and a small but dedicated membership. Practice nights are Wednesday and Friday from 7.30 - 9.30pm.
    A fee for rehearsals and engagements is available. Further details about the Band can be found on watchettownband.co.uk

14. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Still hoping.

15. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Conductor still required.

16. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Watchet Town Band are pleased to announce that Bruce Eley has accepted the position of Musical Director.

New players are still welcome, especially cornets on any bench.

17. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Really pleased for you Rapier. Hope it all works out well.

18. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Thanks Mes. Now we just need some cornets! Oh and 2 trombones, 1 baritone and a Bb Bass, would be nice. :)