watch out there's a virus about!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by super_sop, Apr 21, 2004.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

I just recieved an email from a friend, thought it was a bit odd as it had an atachment with it that looked strange.

After checking with my mate we decided it was a virus (pretty obvious as they hadnt sent me any mail!)

As you can see iy looks and reads pretty profesional, and included a gif at the bottom sugesting it was from Norton.

Anyway, if you recieve one, check with the sender befor opening!

heres the email!
    "Dear User ,

This is A very High Resk Virus Alert.

This email is sent to you because one or some of your friends has been infected
    with The W32.BlackWorm.A@mm Virus.
    And you could be infected too.This Virus has the ability to damage the hard disk.
    This Virus infects computers using many new ways :

1- it arrives as an email attachment inside of jpg pictures.
    2- it infects the ip address without the victim's knowledge.
    3- it infects Microsoft Word Documents using a new exploit in hex (00fxf0xf10x).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notes:
    Symantec Consumer products that support Worm Blocking functionality automatically detect this threat as it attempts to spread.
    Symantec Security Response has attached a removal tool to clean and prevent the infections of W32.BlackWorm.A@mm.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely
    Norton AntiVirus"

Anyway just thought id let ya know as it was one i hadnt seen beore.

2. ben.gernon

ben.gernon Member

Cheers! I get fed up with the amount of trash and spam email I get sent! But I shall keep my open for that one! :D

3. rutty

rutty Active Member

When virus writers learn to spell, then we'll really be in trouble :roll:

4. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I find it amazing that IT peeps can read and write binary, or basic, or HTML or whatever so well, but they suck at english!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice