watch out there's a virus about!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by super_sop, Apr 21, 2004.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

I just recieved an email from a friend, thought it was a bit odd as it had an atachment with it that looked strange.

After checking with my mate we decided it was a virus (pretty obvious as they hadnt sent me any mail!)

As you can see iy looks and reads pretty profesional, and included a gif at the bottom sugesting it was from Norton.

Anyway, if you recieve one, check with the sender befor opening!

heres the email!
    "Dear User ,

This is A very High Resk Virus Alert.

This email is sent to you because one or some of your friends has been infected
    with The W32.BlackWorm.A@mm Virus.
    And you could be infected too.This Virus has the ability to damage the hard disk.
    This Virus infects computers using many new ways :

1- it arrives as an email attachment inside of jpg pictures.
    2- it infects the ip address without the victim's knowledge.
    3- it infects Microsoft Word Documents using a new exploit in hex (00fxf0xf10x).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notes:
    Symantec Consumer products that support Worm Blocking functionality automatically detect this threat as it attempts to spread.
    Symantec Security Response has attached a removal tool to clean and prevent the infections of W32.BlackWorm.A@mm.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely
    Norton AntiVirus"

Anyway just thought id let ya know as it was one i hadnt seen beore.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    friend
    mail
    profesional
    ways
    virus
  3. ben.gernon

ben.gernon Member

Cheers! I get fed up with the amount of trash and spam email I get sent! But I shall keep my open for that one! :D

4. rutty

rutty Active Member

When virus writers learn to spell, then we'll really be in trouble :roll:

5. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I find it amazing that IT peeps can read and write binary, or basic, or HTML or whatever so well, but they suck at english!!!