Watch out, another sop about!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MrSopranoMan, Dec 1, 2008.

1. MrSopranoMan

MrSopranoMan New Member

Hey everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself properly!

I've played Bb for many years but took a break of about 3, and after returning to banding (so glad to be back, love it!) I ended up giving Soprano a go. I'm still getting there and struggling with the higher stuff and the whole mentality of sticking out like a sore thumb rather than blending in but it's quite fun now. Currently playing on some student model Yamaha so I'm missing the sound I used to get out of my Courtois Bb but hoping to get a Xeno at some point!!!!

In my spare time when I'm not trying to hit that top C I ride mountain bikes off jumps, drops or just some sweet trails....

When I'm not doing that I attempt to rock along with my favourite songs on my geeetar.:p
  2. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Welcome to tMP!! Prepare yourself for some fun times!
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

welcome to tMP!
  4. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hi dave welcome to tMP, and enjoy, but watch out for Mr Chairman and Brassed Off , who both pretend to play for Daventry brass
  5. David Mann

David Mann Member

Welcome, you'll find no shortage of advice on instruments, mouthpieces, valve oil, sausages, camper vans, politics...
  6. MrSopranoMan

MrSopranoMan New Member

Saugages and camper vans, huh? Sounds like a good forum then:biggrin:
    Haahaa, think I know who they are.... pretend, huh? I wont tell um you said that.

Cheers for coming down on Friday by the way, having you sit next to me made me much more confident to go for the the higher notes I normally don't attempt - and realised I could actually get them, sorta!
  7. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

Hi Dave,
    Welcome to TMP, and welcome to "Gods instrument".
    I started playing sop with NCYBB back in the 70s, and have never looked back.