Warning

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Roger Thorne, Jan 24, 2010.

1. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

We don't actually - PM's are exactly what they say - Private Messages.

The best advice I can give you is to delete it without opening it, and let us know who the offending member is and we'll ban then (chances are they're already banned).

2. Llamedos

Llamedos Member

I had one of these and ignored it. Well actually I forgot about it as when it came I had not been on the site for months!

3. catkin

catkin New Member

Hi just to let you know I have received one of these messages fromm a johnnyoef, it says banned by his name so I'm assmuing you already know about it. I was trying to figure out a way of showing you the message without spreading it but couldn't! Anyway I'll dump it out of my inbox, thanks for the warning!

4. bignige

bignige Member

Just had one from KendrickWarren but now banned. Unfortunately the links were clicked as they led to the mouthpiece. Any idea how to clear from an idiot!! Remembered the warning too late.

5. 4thmandown

4thmandown Member

Me too. Deleted it straight away. Would quite like to break his fingers!!!!!

6. yogi1000

yogi1000 Member

Virus alert - pm from carlosdevil

If you receive a private message from carlosdevil regarding spam and how your account will be deleted unless you click on a link to check your computer, do not click on the link-it is a virus.

7. Di

Di Active Member

Thanks for the heads up. As much as we try to keep on top of these blighters, one occasionally manages to sneak through while we're not looking. :( This one now banned.

8. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Indeed, I got the spam message too, and immediately banned the user.
    (together with another similar user that had just registered...)

9. bobajob

bobajob New Member

spam

Hi,
    Received message as above from 'CarlosDevil'...have not opened the link...I have not sent any spam at all...who is doing this?
    Best wishes,
    Rob

10. Jan H

Hello Rob,

Don't worry Rob. As long as you don't click the link in that message, everything should be ok. CarlosDevil is a spammer himself, and his account has been deleted.

Regards,

Jan

11. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Received that one, fortunatly deleted thanks for warning

12. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Um I think I got one from CarlosDevil, saying I was sending spam? So I wasn't meant to click on the link. It's all in like spanish or something. RIght I'll just close it. So am I not sending spam then?

13. Jan H

no.
    I hope ou didn't get a virus from clicking the link. Did you get a "threat blocked" warning from our virusscanner or something like that?

14. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I don't think I did. Nothing has happened and no 'threat blocked' warning either.

15. Jan H

If you notice anything strange (eg abnormally slow reaction times, ...), you could maybe scan your pc for viruses and spybots.

Last edited: May 26, 2010