Warm Nights

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Jul 23, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

So who is finding it hard to go to sleep at night while the warm nights are here?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Warm Nights
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

We've made a bed downstairs.... much cooler and bareable :)

4. Euphonomium

Euphonomium Member

it was much better to sleep last night in brum. the temperature had dropped slightly which made life a lot nicer when it came to sleeping.

5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

We had an enormous thunderstorm on top of us yesterday at a massed band event at Blenheim Palace; it poured down viciously for most of an hour and threatened to disrupt the whole event, but it was lovely, cooler and not humid afterwards. First proper night's sleep I've had in a a week!

Nice deliberate typo, Naomi!

6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

LOL - oooh, that's not how you spell it then eh?... ah well :lol: :biggrin:

;)

7. yeah it is roastin aint it!! havent slept well at all for quite a while. dont understand it at all tho cos iv had my windows open and it just doesnt help!! ive slept in the spare room one nite but that was just as bad!! im not a huge fan of this global warming malarky if it keeps me from sleepin!! :(

8. Lisa

Lisa Member

Ooh, you're brave! :eek: I'm too scared to have my windows open at night because of the spiders that might come in. I've already had two huuuge spiders come in late at night when my windows have been open.

9. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

I work nights, so if you think it's hard sleeping at night with this heat, try to sleep during the day - it's unbearable.:mad:

10. Fifi

Fifi Member

mmmmmmmmmmm warm nights

11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Have been seriously thinking about putting the tent up in the garden and sleeping out there. I love sleeping outside when it's warm. Trouble is it gets light at stupid o clock and now it's school holidays I like to have a bit of a lie in...
    BMB
    xx

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Warm Nights
  13. gawber

gawber Active Member

Spare a thought for us night workers who are trying to sleep during the heat of the day.
    Yesterday I only managed 2 hours, today I managed 4. :(

14. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I've been finding it better working nights because by the time I get home at 6.30 it's nice and cool.

Impossible trying to sleep during the night at the moment. If I have the windows open, the local Chavs keep me awake, with them closed it's just so hot, even with a fan on!

15. jenzi

jenzi Member

I'm in America at the moment and it's boiling hot here too. I think I would have melted by now if it wasn't for the air conditioning! :D

16. gawber

gawber Active Member

I start work at 8-30pm and finish at 7-45am, so by the time I get home to bed the temperature is on the rise. Having the fan on in the bedroom doesn't seem to help. Still, I finish tomorrow morning and then have 12 nights off. Hopefully I'll catch up on my sleep then. :clap:

17. julestools

julestools Active Member

No problem for me. Head down and zzzzzzz...... Oops there I go again. Nearly dropped off on the M56 today too.

xx

Jules

18. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

well i feel sorry for you mate , but its nice when we are at work at our Butchers Unit we have got a COLD BLOWER which blasts out cold air from 5ck am -12 midday its lovely:clap:

19. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

What......afraid of spiders........oh dear, were they really that big?!!

I normally stay awake until really tired and then fall asleep despite the heat, although I don't have to get up for anything in the mornings as I am on school holidays.....now that does help!!It is hot though......even now.......:cool: or maybe not......

20. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Last night was a disaster....

Iit was so hot to start with I couldn't get to sleep, then when I finally did drop off I was awoken by the massive thunderstorm and lashing rain. Even after the thunderstorm it was still ****** hot so no respite from the heat either. :(

Still I am not going to complain about the weather - at least this year we are having something that resembles a summer. Who needs sleep anyway....? ;)

21. leisa

leisa Active Member

where is the rain in Manchester??? PLease! :( everyone else seems to have had at least one thunderstorm in the past two weeks!!

I cant wait till we do i am gonna go and stand in it!

22. Di

Di Active Member

Well I must live about 10 miles from Ian and the most we got were a few distant rumbles around 1am. No lightening and no rain though. A couple of flashes and a very light shower about 8.30 this morning, but nothing major like last week.