Wanting to return to Brass Band

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DAVID SARBUTTS, Sep 21, 2015.

1. DAVID SARBUTTS

DAVID SARBUTTS New Member

Hi, I started playing cornet in a youth band when I was 11years old. During my early days I was fortunate to appear on Opportunity Knocks with Redgate Boys Silver Band. After a lengthy break through work and family commitments I joined and played for local SKA band in Devon playing trumpet. I have just turned 60 and would like to join a brass band and get back to reading music. I will be hopefully moving to Bracklesham Bay in West Sussex October this year and would like to join a local brass band. I still have my silver b flat cornet which is 50years old.
    Thanks David

Walsallbrass likes this.
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band Hi
    SKA
    Devon
    West Sussex
    David
  3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Hi David,

There are quite a few bands around that area; the closest are probably Chichester City.
    Your best bet is probably to make contact with a few to say hi and ask if you can go along for a blow, then just take it from there.
    The local association, scaba has contact info/web addresses for their member bands at www.scaba.co.uk/members
    www.brassbandresults.com is a really useful resource, with a map and links to lots of bands' websites.

Good luck :)

4. DAVID SARBUTTS

DAVID SARBUTTS New Member

Thanks Alex, I will have a look around the area.
    David

5. Walsallbrass

Walsallbrass New Member

Hello David, just spotted your post,we at Walsall Brass Band are a new forming brass band and are looking for players but I think we are a bit too far for you to come and join us but keep trying and best of luck in your search.
    Roger Bates.