Wanting to return to Brass Band

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DAVID SARBUTTS, Sep 21, 2015.

1. DAVID SARBUTTS

DAVID SARBUTTS New Member

Hi, I started playing cornet in a youth band when I was 11years old. During my early days I was fortunate to appear on Opportunity Knocks with Redgate Boys Silver Band. After a lengthy break through work and family commitments I joined and played for local SKA band in Devon playing trumpet. I have just turned 60 and would like to join a brass band and get back to reading music. I will be hopefully moving to Bracklesham Bay in West Sussex October this year and would like to join a local brass band. I still have my silver b flat cornet which is 50years old.
    Thanks David

Walsallbrass likes this.
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Hi David,

There are quite a few bands around that area; the closest are probably Chichester City.
    Your best bet is probably to make contact with a few to say hi and ask if you can go along for a blow, then just take it from there.
    The local association, scaba has contact info/web addresses for their member bands at www.scaba.co.uk/members
    www.brassbandresults.com is a really useful resource, with a map and links to lots of bands' websites.

Good luck :)

4. DAVID SARBUTTS

DAVID SARBUTTS New Member

Thanks Alex, I will have a look around the area.
    David

5. Walsallbrass

Walsallbrass New Member

Hello David, just spotted your post,we at Walsall Brass Band are a new forming brass band and are looking for players but I think we are a bit too far for you to come and join us but keep trying and best of luck in your search.
    Roger Bates.