Wanted: Used Cornet

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by champignon, Aug 25, 2009.

1. champignon

champignon New Member

I've just started playing in Brass Bands, having played trumpet for many years. I'm looking for a used cornet, perhaps a Besson Sovereign, that won't break the bank. I don't mind a few dings, scratches and scuffs - all my trumpets look like that -- just looking for an easy sound production (large bore) and a warm sound. Old is fine. I'm old, and still in good shape. Someone out there has a cornet under their bed or in the attic that isn't being played, and I'll give it a good home.

Thanks!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    sound
    bore
    sound production
    trumpet
    cornet
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

There are a couple Sovreigns on ebay at the moment

4. wilearl

wilearl Member

I am selling a Yamaha Xeno if interested?

5. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

I have a sovereign....how much are you looking to pay?

6. champignon

champignon New Member

I wouldn't want to gouge anyone, but I suppose 500 might be feasible. It would depend on its condition. Trying the instrument might also be a factor; I'd be hesitant to buy something that I couldn't try out. Are you in the London area? Will you be competing at Wychhaven?

7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

There's one of mine in the Classified section on here. See what ya think...

8. champignon

champignon New Member

Yes, I responded to your ad on August 20th, but heard nothing from you so I assumed you'd already sold it. Would you consider 500? I realise you are throwing in many valuable extras (mutes / mouthpieces) but I'm afraid 600 is beyond my budget (and my wife's tolerance -- that's a lot of shoes). It looks like a very nice instrument, and the photos are really fantastic. I'm still committed to the idea of trying a horn before buying; am I right to assume you live well outside London?