Wanted: Soveriegn Horn (Round Stamp)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Bones, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Bones

Bones Member

My wife's beloved, (must nearly 30 years old) Sov round Stamp horn is coming to a close. Still a great sounding intrument but the Valves and Valve casings are severely worn and prob needs to be retired gracefully.

So in typical wife fashion, she would like a similar horn, must be the round stamp model, but pref in excellent condition, good valves.

If anyone has one of these lurking let me know. Would be interested.

2. AlanD

AlanD Member

Hey Rich, I think we might have 3 old ones in the band hall if your still intrested. Will double check on monday for you.

3. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

I agree with your wife. I have a 30 year old globe soveriegn. Fortunately it has spent a number of years in a cupboard so is in pretty good nick, although I have sent it to be reconditioned (Mcqueens in Salford - they arrange collection) - I hope its back soon I don't like the one I've borrowed from band:(
    I was looking at new ones, but was advised to stick with what I had, so my hubbie got off lightly only needing to pay for a recon, gig bag & a new mouthpiece (I think it warranted one after 30 years!!)
  4. Bones

Bones Member

Thanks Alan, much apreciated.

5. Steve

Steve Active Member

I have a funny feeling that 3 round stamp horns will be snapped up pretty quickly if you decide to sell them all.
  6. AlanD

AlanD Member

Well update on round stamp horns we now only have two as one is reserved. Anyone intrested pm me with a price see what we can do as all there are free to go to a new home!

7. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

I noticed a old style sovereign Eb Horn on e bay last night starting at £495.00
  8. AlanD

AlanD Member

Yeah we have been advised that we shoundt be taking any less that £600 per horn
  9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- any info. on condition of instruments?
  10. AlanD

AlanD Member

One of the horns available is in excellent condition for its age

the other could do with a little TLC but is still in good condition.
  11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Photo's would be good... you are able to upload photos to threads here on tMP or even to the tMP Gallery. This would also improve chances of a sale for you.

Check out a post I made when Jen wanted to sell her horn... http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showpost.php?p=324476&postcount=1 - it worked and was sold within 2 hours of the advert coming on tMP.
  12. AlanD

AlanD Member

Heres some pics of one of the horns up for sale

Attached Files:

13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

You'd be a bit silly selling them for less than £800-900!
  14. AlanD

AlanD Member

Thanks for the advice!
  15. UncleStreaky

UncleStreaky Member

There's a new sovereign tenor up for grabs on ebay - look here
  16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- with the reserve not met! This method is a good way of advertising a sales company or shop and the reserve will be probably close to the their official listed price!

i.e., sale price £1, 599.00 http://www.broadlandmusic.co.uk/
  17. AlanD

AlanD Member

Just to let you guys all know, one of our round stamp horns is now up for sale on the normans ebay site!