Wanted : SA Music Book

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by jrshimmon, May 20, 2009.

1. jrshimmon

jrshimmon Member

I was wondering if any body has a copy of the Salvation Army's Favourite Band Journals No. 3 (The Blue Book) for Soprano Cornet. Ours appears to have been lost as part of the Corps relocation from its premises for refurbishment

As far as I am aware this book is out of print and has been for some years. Will accept in any offers in pretty much any condition and I am willing to make an appropriate donation to Band funds or charity for it.

Cover looks similar to that of the CD by the Household Troops Band Blue Book Favourites. Blue and March card shape.
  2. solo_euph

solo_euph Member

Got a pair of euphonium books last year from R.Smith thay now hold the copy right to this i was told by S.P.&S.??? http://rsmith.casualrain.com/only only photo copes but good if a bit over priced beat of luck
  3. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

Think they are still available from World of Brass
  4. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Yes indeed, SP&S can supply as a good quality copy.
    SP&S still hold the copyright, we just ask R Smith to do the printing for us seeing as they are housed in the same building now.
  5. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

If you get chance, it may be worth contacting the 'new' stoke on trent corps. They recently amalgamated several corps who had big bands in their day... I certainly know that Hanley, a foring corps had this book
    good luck

6. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

It might be your lucky day - we bought a job lot of percussion stuff this week and amongst it were a couple of Salvation Army books.

I will check on Friday if one is a Sop book, I will let you know.
  7. jrshimmon

jrshimmon Member

Thank you for all the reponses and suggestions so far. I have been offered one or two solutions to finding a Blue Book. I am looking at a few options at present. I am waiting on a price for a reproduction to be made. But I would really love an original copy in the March Card format as I will be taking it outside with me. I am still open to any offers that any of you TMPers may have. I never thought of the idea of speaking to a merged corps to see if they have a spare copy.
    Thanks again! :D:D:D