Wanted Round Stamp Sovereign Tenor Horn

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Missy_Gracie, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Missy_Gracie

Missy_Gracie Member

having just sold my cello (and sobbed my way back up the motorway) I'm looking to reinvest in a round stamp sov tenor horn. do you have one? I'm willing to play based on condition, so if it's tatty and needing an overhaul from the back of the band cupboard vs shiny and well loved. I live on the A1 in North Yorkshire, so leeds/bradford - newcastle are all viable places I could look whereas the southern tip of cornwall may be out! Please send me a PM with details of the instrument, and the price you are looking for

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tenor Horn
    A1
    cornwall
    instrument
    Wanted Round Stamp Sovereign Tenor
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

That's not a Bass.

4. Missy_Gracie

Missy_Gracie Member

No, decided to make bass a possible sideline in future, eb ben wisely reminded me of my injured back, by letting m e play the eb this afternoon, my back now really hurts!

5. Missy_Gracie

Missy_Gracie Member

wondering if anyone has anything lurking in the back of their bandroom cupboards? Trying out a Kanstul at the minute, but it feels a little "odd" it has a very straight leadpipe- so while it sounds fab I'm still after a round stamp sov. I reackon I'll always be covetous of one, until I own one (unless anyone wants to sell me a neo for £1000)

6. Split Splat

Split Splat Member

I bought both of mine from ebay, with the last one being total origional with case (that looks as good as new!) with orgional papers! ;)
    I personally wouldn't have 1 overhauled (no matter what they say!), I do know people that have had issues with the sound following overhaul!
    Hang in there for the right 1 and deffo worth the wait!:clap:

PS, I recently sold my Neo, as much as I loved it, it sounded brighter and didnt blend well with the other sovs in the band!

7. Missy_Gracie

Missy_Gracie Member

Both of yours? You have two? are you totally sure you need two? maybe you would like to donate one to a good cause? I think I may just be a little impatient- I waited for ages to sell my cello, and there seemed to be loads of stuff around. Now I've sold it there is nothing to buy!

8. Split Splat

Split Splat Member

My daughter now plays one! :p
    BUT, I do know where there is one at the back of a band store room gathering dust, I will ask if they want to sell today!
    Pete

9. Missy_Gracie

Missy_Gracie Member

of course they do- and I will gladly pay, plus donate my JP172 to your training band if they are worried about a lack of instruments! (I'm also near enough to drive down and collect it!) I can't find an emoticon with pathetic begging eyes.... how's this array? :bounce:shock::grnsm:wow followed by the promise of :guiness(there were more giddy faces but apparently I'm limited to 5... very wisely!)
    Clearly I'm desperate!

10. Split Splat

Split Splat Member

The band in question (not the one I play for) are unsure if they want to sell, they are going to ask another member and let me know!

11. Missy_Gracie

Missy_Gracie Member

I've bought one! Not quite a round stamp, but still pre lottery besson sov. Thanks everyone!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tenor Horn
    A1
    cornwall
    instrument
    Wanted Round Stamp Sovereign Tenor
  13. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Sounds like they didn't employ a decent repairman...

14. Split Splat

Split Splat Member

Hi Dave,
    The mechanical works (valve action and slides etc) and appearance were as new, but he felt the horn never actually sounded the same following re plating!
    I wondered if maybe a different tickness/weight of plating was applied possibly altering the sound, also wondering if this altered the natural vibration frequency of the instrument!
    He isnt the only person I have heard mention 'they never sound the same'
    Pete